Wiser Remote Connection and Cameras...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by constantcharge, Sep 14, 2010.

1. constantcharge

constantcharge

Hi Guys,

Did a firmware update on a Wiser and now getting something odd going on.

Router Setup as follows
    Netcomm NB6 (bridge mode)
    Wiser is main (DHCP and internet) router.
    Has 4 cameras on Lan(each using different ip address and different remote port eg 8990, 8991 etc).

After upgrade I could no longer connect on the port 8080. However if I changed this port to 8081. I could connect remotly again...
    This is odd as it was all working fine before the update. (I thought that the Projector Control was disabled at first so I cycled it just to check)

Now with the port set to 8081 I had it all working again, but when testing I found that the camera's are no longer able to be accessed from remote connection.

This would seem to say that the wiser is not fowarding the ports automatically as it should be or something is blocking the port correct?

I checked the NB6 was bridged correctly (incase someone had fiddled...) and that the firewall was disabled (by default is disabled in bridge anyway) this was all ok.

I tried a factory reset on the Wiser with same result.

I can do the following via remote connection:
    - update wiser project ok..
    - update ctouch's projects ok..

- unable to connect to cbus via toolkit anymore (was previously working) via remote connection. checked that the toolkit control was enabled.

I thought that maybe because I was using a different Ip addres (192.168.1.1) for wiser so changed it back to factory but still no go.

Anything I have missed???

constantcharge, Sep 14, 2010
  2. constantcharge

kjayakumar

The first thing that seems odd to me is:
    "After upgrade I could no longer connect on the port 8080. However if I"

I've got latest firmware and remote access works fine on 8080. So I'd start by figuring out what's going on there. I would not recommend manipulate other IPs yet because if you've got your Wiser as the gateway for your cameras than changing the Wiser's IP means you'll also have to change the gateway IP on each of those cameras to the Wiser's new IP, otherwise port forwarding won't work to the cameras since the cameras will be replying to the incorrect gateway.

Hope that helps.

kjayakumar, Sep 17, 2010
  3. constantcharge

constantcharge

I have done a few of these before so its a bit odd this has happened. All previously work on remote port 8080.
    Wiser IP was already 192.168.1.1 prior to the update, so cameras are already set to the correct gw.
    Next time on site I will load a test project into it to a working one and see if that changes things. If not I think I may roll back the FW + throw another modem to test with and see what changes....

Wierd.......

constantcharge, Sep 20, 2010
  4. constantcharge

SeamlessAutomation

Sounds like you need to go back to the basics and check everything, usually the best way, its very odd that after an upgrade this happened, i have new firmware and running cameras without a problem, I still believe the best setup for wiser is strictly a Access point (LAN device on your Network) paired with a good quality router, such as linksys, or the likes of, most of the guys i have spoken too have this same setup as the 3rd party router handles all the networking.

SeamlessAutomation, Sep 21, 2010
  5. constantcharge

constantcharge

Seems that I may have found the culprit. Had to use my own billion to sort this one out. At some point after I had everything going but before I did the update, the ISP decided that it would be a good idea to place a firewall on their end without telling anyone.

Just happened to be the port range that WISER uses not only for remote connect (8080) + blocking ports > 10000 (kills the toolkit connection etc) and also cameras as I the ports I had selected were in this range.

Dont know who setup this rule but I have disabled the ISP firewall now. Grrrr

Makes sense that I could do a project transfer but everything else was not connecting.

constantcharge, Sep 22, 2010
Ask a Question