Wiser Radio

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by pastorhinn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Ok so Call me Dumb!! I can not for the life of me work out how to control Radio stations on the MRA switcher using only wiser and no DLTs or colour touch screens in my installation.

I have been through the application notes and tried to follow all the steps but it all seems to relate to doing it on a DLT or any type of touch screen. I have managed to do it before using a DLT and a touch screen but i can not do it through Wiser.

I have searched the forums High and LOW and cannot cind anything that would help me here. Please guys any help is a great help.

Thanks heaps for your help in advance!

Brenton

pastorhinn, Aug 2, 2011
  2. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Please anyone that can help here?????

pastorhinn, Aug 4, 2011
  3. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Ok so thanks for all the tips ;) but i think i got it! I will upload to the system and test it tomorrow. Will see how i go.

I would still love to be able to show what the current station the MRA Amp is tuned to on the wiser interface. I will en devour to continue working on that one.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Cheers guys

pastorhinn, Aug 4, 2011
  4. pastorhinn

ezpz

Mind sharing how you did it? I'll be looking to do something similar soon so would be handy to know.

Cheers.

ezpz, Aug 8, 2011
  5. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Ok so what the problem that i was encountering was that when programming my Marpa and my toolkit programs, i had used the audio control application for my Amp commands (eg Zone 1 Volume etc etc.) But in Wiser when setting up a General Lighting Relay Widget i would get errors all the time about incorrect Application numbers! After fiddling a while I worked out it was the Audio control application it didn't like. I went through and reprogrammed the Marpa and toolkit programs and added all my new commands to the Lighting application and Bam it started working.

So all you have to do is set up a General lighting widget in PICED, set it to your dynamic control address and it will work. For my installation the only input on the Matrix switcher that was using dynamic control was the radio station control. So what i did was set all the amps dynamic control settings to the same address. I then labeled the widget in PICED as Radio station control. That way i didnt need to have a dynamic control button for every zone.

Dont know if this was the best way to do it but it worked for me!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    pastorhinn, Aug 18, 2011
Ask a Question