Wiser Power Meter Totals -ve numbers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Charlie Crackle, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I am trying to understand how the Totals Screen handles -ve numbers.

If I set 0 to 10000kw then the number shows -ve and the dial sits on 0

and the graphs don't handle the -ve numbers

If I set to -5000 to 10000kw then dial needs some tweeking so the green goes from 0 to the -ve number NOT -5000 to the -ve number (see below)

Something is not working on the TODAY graphs. I am using more then 10kw per day and the graph scale is staying on 10KW.

Also when I connect to wiser to make a change I let it do a project refresh from the wiser. make the change and then upload.

I am loosing the NOW and TODAY historical data.

See below at 13.00 I did the change and the now and today lost the old data.

Also solar metering the estimated KW today of the day makes no sence and I assume you are estimating over 24hours. Could we have a button that says solar and that the hours it calculates over is say hours between(sunset-sunrise)-2

Charles

Attached Files:

• m1.jpg
      m1.jpg
      File size:
      13.6 KB
      Views:
    • M2.jpg
      M2.jpg
      File size:
      11.7 KB
      Views:
    Charlie Crackle, Oct 13, 2011
  2. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I noticed today that the TODAY summary has started to scale correctly.
    Does it need a certain amount of data to start scaling ?

Charlie Crackle, Oct 16, 2011
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Thanks Darren, I just saw the release notes of the Firmware update for wiser about saving the energy history.

I just loaded yesterday and did a transfer today and did not lose the NOW and TODAY data this time.

Can you please verify my understanding.

When you load a Wiser project in PICED it askes you if you would like a refresh

You say yes (does this download the current enery data to the project ?)

You work on the project and then upload

The new project and downloaded energy data then get sent to the wiser.

Is this right or am I totally wrong...

The reason I ask is what if I do 5 hours of mods off line how do I upload them with out wiping the energy data ?

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Oct 20, 2011
  4. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Thanks

Are you thinking abount fixing this graphing issue. Would be good to see the times and qty actually feed. Here (snap38 snap39 I fed .79kw but shows as 0 as you said. I assume it is a big job to make the widget graph -ve numbers correctly.
    I assume the same applies to the speedo.
    Speedo looks ok if you make 0 the top ie -10kw and +10kw could we have a check box that removes the Green/Orange/Red colouring in the speedo. Colouring does not mean much anyway other than making it look swish.

I would also like the solar daily estimates to be more realistic. (as I described in the first post)

Even with the firmware upgrade I am still losing data (only for 1 hrs) when I upgrade the WISER project. (see attached picture snap41 at 23.00h)

But much much better then before when I was losing the entire day (see attached snap41 picture Monday)

Charles

Attached Files:

Charlie Crackle, Oct 22, 2011
  5. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Wise does graph -ve numbers

Newman

I assume you did not do the wiser wiget. It does graph -ve numbers.
    Could we please in the short term have the flash version also graph -ve numbers it make more sense and you can see when you are feeding to the Grid. people who don't like it can just put 0 as the bottom of the range

Also looks good when you look at the $ graph and you can see $ comming back.

I assume you cannot have a different tarrif for -ve than you do +ve. this would be nice to add to the wish list. Also tariffs that are time based would be good.

Charles

Attached Files:

Charlie Crackle, Oct 23, 2011
  6. Charlie Crackle

Newman

I never said that the Wiser widget didn't graph negative numbers; you mis-read my post. I said that the scaling of the bar graphs would start at whatever the minimum value was set for the widget (-5 in your case) and the bars ascended from there. Zero is an arbitrary point on the graph as the maximum value will be dynamic. Because of this poxy-ness I have the minimums for my graphs set to 0. At least it's obvious then when the value is 0 or below.

It would be my preference to see 0 as a horizontal line across the graph and have the bars ascend from this line when values are positive and descend from this line when values are negative.

Newman, Oct 23, 2011
  7. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Sorry I thaught when you said MY graphs you were talking about the Flash Graphs. Not your graphs on your equipment

So is what I am seeing correct. When viewing WISER using windows the FLASH widget I have set to -5 but the graph is 0 when viewing via the iphone/ipad app the graph is -5

I am asking in the sort term for the WISER FLASH widget to do the same as the IPAD app widget. is this making more sense ?

This would be my preference as well but I assume this is a lot of work.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Oct 24, 2011
  8. Charlie Crackle

Brad Collinder

Hi guys
    You two seem very involved in the power meters. Can you please point me in the right direction for some detailed info on commissioning in Piced. (do's and dont's etc)
    Best regards
    Brad

Brad Collinder, Oct 24, 2011
  9. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is this little anomoly going to be looked at ? I have to look at the graph on my IPHONE to see if I feed the grid and by how much. If I look on the computer I can only see that I fed the grid and not by how much.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Nov 14, 2011
Ask a Question