Wiser power meter tariff keeps resetting.

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Shpuncil, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Shpuncil

Shpuncil

Hi guys.

Basically what's happening is: I have a wiser running power meter app. I wrote logic so that user can set their own tariff value according to their provider. The problem is, if i reset power to wiser unit. It reverts the tariff value back to what it was when i programmed it (set in PICED under power meter manager).
    So every time the unit gets reset or there's a power loss, the user has to adjust this value to match their providers values.

So my question is, whether it's possible to permanently set the tariff value for power meters VIA wiser. If there's logic command that rewrite the current project file that's running on wiser. Or if there's another way of storing it permanently.

I'm planning to implement this feature across multiple wisers. Which would save me time going out to each job and setting a new value every time the power companies increase their rates.

Thanks

Shpuncil, Nov 19, 2012
  2. Shpuncil

Mr Mark

Hello Shpuncil.
    Try saving your variable as a SystemIO - this will save the value across re-starts.

Mark

Mr Mark, Nov 19, 2012
  3. Shpuncil

Shpuncil

Thanks for the reply Mr Mark

In my logic I am actually dealing straight with SystemIO's and not variables. And it still resets them to the original value.

Here's my code:

if GetRealIBSystemIO("Energy Tariff", "General") <> GetRealSystemIO("Power Meter Tariff")
    then
    SetRealIBSystemIO("Energy Tariff", "General", (GetRealSystemIO("Power Meter Tariff")));

Where "Power Meter Tariff" is a 'real' user SystemIO

I also tried creating another SystemIO and saving the value from "Power Meter Tariff" to it. This value does save while the wiser is running but as soon as i reset it, ALL the SystemIO's reset back to default.

I hope we can come up with a solution for this as it will make it a lot more user friendly.

Cheers

Shpuncil, Nov 20, 2012
  4. Shpuncil

Shpuncil

OK so after a little more extensive testing i found out that it actually does work. The wiser does save user SystemIOs it just seems to save them periodically and not straight away as they get set.

I set the values, left wiser alone for about 1 hour and on next reset it kept the values.

I hope this helps others.

Shpuncil, Nov 20, 2012
  5. Shpuncil

kjayakumar

Hi Shpuncil,

Yes, you are correct. Wiser will only periodically save changes. This is because it uses solid state storage (as opposed to magnetic media) which has a limited number of writes so Wiser works to avoid writing things too frequently which could reduce the product's usable lifetime. That said, there is an issue flagged in our tracking system about saving System IOs set using Logic (as opposed to set using the Adobe Flash UI). #23979

Thanks!

kjayakumar, Nov 22, 2012
Ask a Question