Wiser on early C-Bus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by harro, Jan 16, 2014.

1. harro

harro

Hi there. I've got a client who has just moved into a 20 year old mansion. The C-Bus system is original (mainly 5104D750 dimmers and 5504RDP relays) apart from a defunct Minder and new PSUs and PACA. The client will progresssively renovate whilst living there. At present they are having trouble dealing with multiple 4 & 2 gang switches and I would like to propose a Wiser to give them easier access to C-Bus through an iPad/iPhone/PC aswell as progressively upgrading the gear during renovations. My concern is whether there are issues with using Wiser with older C-Bus gear.

Harro

harro, Jan 16, 2014
  2. harro

Conformist

One of the major benefits of C-Bus is that the original devices are compatible with new ones. The original C-Bus gear released in the 90's used the most simple lighting application and is still used today (although it has been expanded somewhat). You should be fine to use the Wiser with the older C-Bus switches... I do :)

Conformist, Jan 16, 2014
Ask a Question