Wiser losing CBUS connection

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by tom82, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tom82

tom82

Hi,

We have had a Wiser installed for about the last 8 months and it had been working well until recently.

The wiser regularly seems to "lose" connection to the CBUS network - so none of the schedules or iPhone control operates.

Once the Wiser is rebooted, it works for a short period (an hour or two) then looses connection again.

None of the other CBUS devices which control the same loads seem to be faulty - they all work fine.

Any ideas? Wondering if the unit might be faulty.....

EDIT: Found a few similar threads, working through those...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    tom82, Aug 3, 2012
  2. tom82

kjayakumar

I would check the following:
    - when the fault occurs, I would verify whether or not the Wiser's CNI still has C-Bus connectivity. This can be done by going to the CNI's web page. Eg: my wiser is connected to a CNI at 192.168.100.115. So I go to http://192.168.100.115 which shows:
    C-Bus status: Client connected from 192.168.100.100
    since > 24 hours ago
    Network voltage: 28.9V, measured 4 seconds ago

- If both of those appear okay, then we should start to check for other things.
    - You mentioned it was working well until recently. Has anything changed, eg: has a new project been transferred, upgraded to new PICED/new Wiser firmware?

kjayakumar, Aug 4, 2012
  3. tom82

tom82

Found the problem I think.

The busbar on the back of the unit was slight loose (so I think the CNI attachment may have been losing LAN connectivity).

Bit of a sad hardware design, but looks to be working OK now.

Thank you for the reply.

Tom

tom82, Aug 5, 2012
Ask a Question