Wiser logic same as b&w screen logic

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by l60mcm, Aug 11, 2011.

1. l60mcm

l60mcm

Do all wiser units have built in logic. The reason I ask is because I am getting a wiser and a black and white touch screen but if the wiser has the same logic as the screen then I can get the screen without logic or is the one with it a better screen.*

Once again thanks for all the help and info.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    l60mcm, Aug 11, 2011
  2. l60mcm

Newman

All Wiser units have the built-in logic engine.

The B&W MkII touchscreens are identical, except for the inclusion of the logic engine.

Newman, Aug 11, 2011
  3. l60mcm

l60mcm

is the logic engine in the screen as good as or the same as the one in the logic

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    l60mcm, Aug 12, 2011
  4. l60mcm

Newman

There are a few subtle differences between the logic engine in the C-Touch Mk-II and the Wiser, but they are small and they mainly relate to the fact that the Wiser has an Ethernet connection and the C-Touch Mk-II doesn't.

The Wiser can open socket connections to Ethernet devices, Email funcitons are available and it can support more Measurement Channels. All other functions are the same. On the flip side, if you really need the logic engine to store persistent variables in the event of a power failure the C-Touch Mk-II will do this very regularly, whereas the Wiser only writes historical data to flash every few days, to extend the flash lifetime. The Wiser is also powered from a plug-pack, which is more easily un-plugged, whereas the B&W Mk-II is powered by C-Bus, so if C-Bus (& therefore the C-Touch) has power then the logic engine will be running.

I suspect that for nearly all users the logic engine would appear to be the same in both devices. For further info search under the Logic Help for Software Limits.

Newman, Aug 12, 2011
Ask a Question