Wiser Iphone webcam image

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by pmacelec, Feb 21, 2011.

1. pmacelec

pmacelec

I have just connected my Iphone to the wiser. It works fine when im connected through WiFi, the webcam image appears and looks good.
    When I disconnect from WiFi and connect through WAN 3G, it connects ok and the lighting controls work fine. But when I go to view the webcam, the image dosen't appear. I have waited for some time but nothing appears.
    Is there something else I need to configure?

pmacelec, Feb 21, 2011
  2. pmacelec

kjayakumar

My guess would be that one of the following: IP camera setup(camera gateway)/Wiser setup/router setup/PICED project camera URL setup/camera port forwarding, is not right. I say this because WiFi is on your LAN, so port forwarding and external access don't come into play. 3G is external/remote. Does the same lack of access to the camera happen if you try to access your Wiser from a different network using the Adobe Flash UI?

kjayakumar, Feb 22, 2011
  3. pmacelec

tobex

Does the iphone have flash ?

tobex, Feb 22, 2011
  4. pmacelec

kjayakumar

Of course not and I'm sure you already know that I was not implying that it does or will. :) You do have a PC or a Mac or a UNIX box as well as your iPhone, don't you? I'm suggesting a method for identifying what is causing the problem.

kjayakumar, Feb 22, 2011
  5. pmacelec

Chibby

i have the Cbus 5200/IP633 camera, i have set up and can view the image in PICED and the camera widget form. using a iphone, with the wiser app it wont show the image, i have the camera window on the iphone but no image, its looking for the image but wont show, the camera URL is XX.X.X.XX/image/jpeg.cgi.

Chibby, Apr 2, 2011
  6. pmacelec

tobex

Since the iphone has no Flash plug-in it wont show.

tobex, Apr 2, 2011
  7. pmacelec

Chibby

Iphone Wiser camera

why do the cameras work on the Ipon touch at the Clipsal show room on South Road. did i get the wrong camera? the CIS tech support did not mention that, they said make sure its outputting Jpegs, the iPhone can show Jpegs. can you recommend a camera?
    thank Mike.

Chibby, Apr 3, 2011
  8. pmacelec

kjayakumar

Chibby, the iPhone's Wiser app supports IP cameras that are able to provide unauthenticated jpegs. You mentioned your camera having the following, XX.X.X.XX/image/jpeg.cgi . If the values you've used are correct, and this is the project you've got on your Wiser, then it should work. If it doesn't, then you'll need to isolate the cause of the problem. Are you testing with the iPhone on the LAN which has your IP camera? Does it work when on the LAN, ie: is the problem only when you access it over 3G or remote? Does it work when testing using the Wiser Adobe Flash app on a PC? I hope that helps.

kjayakumar, Apr 3, 2011
  9. pmacelec

Chibby

the Iphone is on the wireless LAN, i havent setup 3G yet, one step at a time.
    i can see the image on the desktop in the web browser and the Piced simulation mode through the Wiser, i have 2 x Iphones and 2 x Ipads on the network, no image on either. i have reinstalled the Iphone App as suggested, no image.

Chibby, Apr 4, 2011
  10. pmacelec

kjayakumar

If you use the iPhone web browser and tap in the camera snapshot URL (the jpeg.cgi stuff), does it work then? Also, does the camera work in the Wiser Adobe Flash app inside a browser on your desktop?

kjayakumar, Apr 5, 2011
  11. pmacelec

Chibby

Hi kjayakumar, yes I can see the image on the iPhone in safari it's a static image you need to refresh to see the next image. And yes I can see live moving image on the desktop browser.

Chibby, Apr 5, 2011
  12. pmacelec

NickD Moderator

I seem to recall having a similar problem, and it turned out to be that I needed to add the "http://" in front of the url...

Nick

NickD, Apr 6, 2011
  13. pmacelec

Chibby

I have checked and yes the http:// is in front of the address.

Chibby, Apr 6, 2011
  14. pmacelec

ven

simalar problam

Hi Guys,
    I have a similar problem. On the local net containing the ip cams i can view them with browser, Ipad and I phone. over 3G and remote acses I can view on browser only, not on Iphone or Ipad.

ven, Apr 15, 2011
  15. pmacelec

kjayakumar

Just quick question, can you confirm that when using the Adobe Flash Wiser2 user interface within the browser, you are able to see the camera images within the Wiser user interface when accessing the Wiser from a remote connection such as 3G or an outside network. If it doesn't work from the Adobe Flash UI from remote, that would suggest a port forwarding issue on your setup. If it does work, and only the iPhone/iPad exhibit this problem, then that would suggest an iPhone/iPad setup or application issue.

kjayakumar, Apr 15, 2011
  16. pmacelec

joshl

I haven't tested my setup on the 3g yet
    but I have managed to get it up on the ipad and iphones without any dramas...

http://x.x.x.x/image/jpeg.cgi as the URL
    and make sure the forwarded port is the same as what you have made it in the IPsettings. Also Im pretty sure I did something with the username/password login as the iPhone doesn't produce the pop up.

joshl, May 6, 2011
  17. pmacelec

Raysonic

Same problem

Hi all I have a wiser and two Axis 241Q camera servers setup on site.
    Every thing works fine inside the WiFi network the cameras display on both the iPhone app and on desktop no problem. The issue that i am having is with the port forwarding because there are three places to change the ports...

1. The camera (witch is not ideal because then if you want to view the camera in side the network you have to have its IP add and the port number...)
    2. The Wiser, witch has two different places to do this.
    a. the camera widget "port forwarding" option
    b. the Wisers router utilities page
    3. The DSL router witch connects to the Internet

I first tried changing the port in the camera and then changing the widget so that it worked then forwarding that port first to the wiser IP then to the camera IP. Both times with no luck on a remote connection, but fine on the WiFi.
    I did get the Cameras to work remotely on a desktop using the port number on the Dyndns address but that just went directly to the camera but not on the wisers web interface?

Then I tried the widget port forward and reset the camera ports back to there default port of 80, set the main router to port forward to the wiser the port numbers set in the camera widget. still no joy.

Then I tried using the Port forward option in the wiser utilities page. with the main router sending to the wiser...
    still no joy

the interface works remotely but the cameras never connect. only within the WiFi network is every thing ok so I know it is the port forwarding that is the issue but how do I make it work?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    Raysonic, Aug 17, 2011
  18. pmacelec

kjayakumar

I agree that this is complex. That said, I and several others have gotten this to work on multiple sites. Now, there's a couple of tricks to this. The first thing I would do is draw out the network diagram on a sheet of paper. This always helps me check all of the different settings. I think I might have posted a guide for this before so try searching on the forum. In any case, here is how I have configured it in my office which I think is similar to how you want to configure yours.

1. ISP router LAN = 192.168.100.1 WAN = DHCP + dyndns from ISP
    Ports forwarded:
    external 8888 to internal 192.168.100.100 (Wiser's LAN IP) port 8888
    external 8889 to internal 192.168.100.100 (Wiser's LAN IP) port 8889
    external 9090 to internal 192.168.100.100 (Wiser's LAN IP) port 9090

Okay, that's it for the ISP router. Nothing else is needed for the IP camera stuff. If you want to get fancy, 8336/8337 for enabling remote project transfer but lets not add more complexity.

2. Wiser LAN = 192.168.100.100 (ie: connected to the back of the ISP router's LAN switch on the common LAN network same as the IP camera)
    Wiser WAN = DHCP (just connect the cable to back of the ISP router's LAN switch just like the LAN port. This is necessary because the 2nd interface must be active)
    Ensure that the PICED project details shows "Enable LAN access to Wiser" is checked.
    Ensure that you have filled in the correct URL for the IP camera's in your camera widget parameters. For example, mine says:
    http://192.168.100.229/image/jpeg.cgi
    refreshrate="3000"
    port="9090"
    label="Meeting Room"

Note, the 9090 there is the external port for the camera. The Wiser will forward the external traffic from 9090 to port 80 on the LAN for the camera.

3. IP camera
    Ensure that its gateway is set to the Wiser's IP and not the ISP gateway.
    Gateway = 192.168.100.100
    Nothing else needs to be done to the IP camera. Note, you can leave the camera on the standard port 80. You don't have change this port at all.

That's it. Debugging tips:
    a) You cannot test portforwarding while being on the same network. You have to test from remote so connect over 3G or get a friend at a different site to test it.
    b) Ensure everything still works fine on the LAN side. If LAN side doesn't work, then remote has no chance of working.

Ok, I hope that helps.

kjayakumar, Aug 19, 2011
Ask a Question