Wiser - iphone password problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by ddsim27, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ddsim27

ddsim27

I have recently changed the passwords on my Wiser unit (router, piced and tools passwords).

My iphones however can still access the unit through the wiser app using the old password.

Is there another password I need change?

ddsim27, Aug 26, 2010
  2. ddsim27

SeamlessAutomation

Password

Are you using the latest firmware? and latest iphone App?

What Password exactly have you changed in the wiser?

The administration Password as standard is admin, if this is changed from the wiser and correctly saved and rebooted your iphone will not be able to access the device.

SeamlessAutomation, Aug 31, 2010
  3. ddsim27

ddsim27

I have changed 3 passwords - the router password, the piced password for the project and the tools password.

The problem is my iphones and ipads (on which I have not changed the password) can still access Wiser - ie this appears to be a major security issue. To access from a webbrowser only the new password works.

All software and firmware is the latest versions.

ddsim27, Aug 31, 2010
  4. ddsim27

ddsim27

and, for completeness, the new passwords also work using the iphone but then you can no longer switch back to the old password - I now have one iphone using the new password and an ipdad using the old.

It seems that once the iphone app has authenticated with the wiser unit, the password doesn't get authenticated again and the iphone app can continue to access the wiser unit even if the password on the wiser unit has been changed.

ddsim27, Aug 31, 2010
  5. ddsim27

SeamlessAutomation

iPhone Password

Ok so i tested it myself and found the same results allthough this is not a major security issue.

Your local wireless network at home should be secured so if anyone were to stand out the front of your home firstly they would need the password to your wireless network as well as the password for your wiser app.

being that this is only occuring on the local network if you were for example to droop your phone out the front and some one picked it up they may likely have access to your network anyway as the phone would remember the network settings.

If this were happening remotely then it would be major issue but again i tested and it authenticates each time as the projector key needs to match the iphone settings.

SeamlessAutomation, Aug 31, 2010
  6. ddsim27

ddsim27

except my issue is happening remotely

ddsim27, Aug 31, 2010
  7. ddsim27

Yoshi

This problem occurred also from the remote access.
    I set up WISER with the default password admin.
    I used three sets of iPhones for the test.
    Finally, I arranged other password to WISER.
    But three sets of iPhones can connect to WISER with an admin password from the WAN network of 3G.
    I added wrong password in WISER setup of iPhone and tried to connect WISER unit from WAN network.
    I could not connect it.
    Connection is impossible even if it returns a password to admin after that.
    This trouble does not occur connection from web on PC.
    I turned off/on power of WISER.
    But trouble still there.
    WISER firmware and PICED are using the latest version.
    I think that this is a major issue.

Yoshi, Oct 21, 2010
  8. ddsim27

tobex

There is a wiper application in iTunes for lost iPhones. As soon as you declare the phone lost it totally clears itself of all records.

tobex, Oct 21, 2010
Ask a Question