Wiser iPhone app

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by gordonx, Feb 4, 2011.

1. gordonx

gordonx

Is there any information when the Wiser iPhone application will :

- properly support iOS 4.x (needs to be compiled with newer version of xcode)
    - support the display of temperature

Cheers. :)

gordonx, Feb 4, 2011
  2. gordonx

NickD Moderator

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "properly support"?

The current release (1.1.0) works fine with iOS4.x as far as I know.

The only native widget that displays temperature is the HVAC widget, which I agree is extremely clunky if all you want is the temperature displayed.

If you have a 5031RDTSL measuring temperature that you want to use to display on the Wiser, you can set it to broadcast on the Measurement Application, and use a System IO widget and some logic code to display the temperature.

Nick

NickD, Feb 4, 2011
  3. gordonx

gordonx

Hi Nick

Whilst the current version of the Wiser app works under iOS 4.x it doesn't behave optimally in regards to multitasking.

Basically if you exit the Wiser app in iOS 4 the app quits, but if it was compiled with the current xcode, the Wiser app would be suspended automatically - which means the app doesn't have to login each time you switch in/out - a real time saver for testing.

Do you know if the Wiser iPhone app source is available? I am an iOS developer and can see the potential with the app - but in its current form it can be very frustrating.

Cheers.

gordonx, Feb 6, 2011
  4. gordonx

kjayakumar

Hi there,

I believe that supporting iOS multitasking with the Wiser app requires much more than just a recompile in order to correctly support resource handling issues around suspend/resume. But I'm not an iOS developer. By the way, the app is still being worked on to add features. If you could let Clipsal know which parts of how it works is/are frustrating, that would be useful feedback and I would hope it would be addressed in upcoming releases.

About the source code, my understanding is that it is not available. But you may want to ask through the sales/marketing path so that the interest can be noted.

kjayakumar, Feb 6, 2011
  5. gordonx

mmd

Its a bit more complicated than just recompiling under a later version of xcode as when you jump out of an app it will drop all the network connections, when you resume you need to restart those connections which is not that straight forward if you are in a section of the app that does not normally handle connections. Any other screens you have that rely on you having come from a certain section may get confused when you return via resume.

Compiling in a later version of xcode will "auto resume" but it doesn't handle anything when it gets there.

Michael

mmd, Feb 7, 2011
  6. gordonx

gordonx

Wiser iPhone app on iOS 4.2

I have noticed that the Wiser iPhone app does not handle System IO Integer selectors at all on iPhones running iOS 4.2. It works fine on iOS 3.x.

Does anyone know when an update will be available? Cheers.

gordonx, Feb 16, 2011
  7. gordonx

oracle

i think there is something strange about those 'fruit phones'

maybe they should be called lemon's iphone??lol

oracle, Feb 16, 2011
  8. gordonx

mmd

Actually its nothing to do with the phones, once again, just because you write a program don't be shocked when something stops working because its been depreciated or changed. This is nothing to do with iphones and occurs on pretty much every operating system on the planet, Mac or PC (vista anyone?). When there is an upgrade, some older stuff will stop working.

I know its become cool to bag the iphone but seriously Apple has actually got a lot of things very very right.

Android you say? If you've actually programmed in android you wouldn't be too quick to bag the iphone, and android is still playing catchup in terms of usability, consistency and features. And no just because you can get in and screw with it a little more than you can the iphone (although thats changing slowly anyway) doesn't make it a better system, its harder to use and harder to code.

Michael

mmd, Feb 17, 2011
  9. gordonx

oracle

Obviously the humor was missed with you mmd. you fruit fan you.

Its not so much the app. there was not even a mention of android - but to compare - although an app for the android might be good. the fact that android devices support normal flash enabled web browsers which gives a prettier interface than the apple app.

getting in to an argument over what phone OS is better is best left to another thread somewhere. I apologise for taken the thread off topic

oracle, Feb 17, 2011
  10. gordonx

samala

Wiser i phone application

Hi can anybody tell me where shd i find Wiser Apple i pad application in i tunes store.

I tried a lot but failed.

Any help is appreciated.

samala, Feb 20, 2011
Ask a Question