Wiser Iphone app

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by C_E_A_Steve, Jan 13, 2011.

1. C_E_A_Steve

C_E_A_Steve

Hi all,

I have installed a wiser with option B using it as a LAN device using a thrid party router, everything works well on the i phone app when it works.

I have noticed occationally that when trying to connect via LAN on i phone app, it comes up with an error "Make sure you have the latest i phone app or make sure the IP address is correct" I keep trying to connect eventually it connects and works well!

Has anyone come across this with the I Phone app?

I have used it o both I phone 4 and I Phone 3gs they both do the same thing. I have been told the app is a third party not clipsal but is advertised by Schneider Electrics?

If anyone can help with this problem it will bw much appreciated

Cheers

C_E_A Steve

C_E_A_Steve, Jan 13, 2011
  2. C_E_A_Steve

wilddog

Hi Steve,

The iPhone app is not a 3rd party app. It is developed internally at Schneider Electric/Clipsal.

The issue may be over the iPhone connecting to the LAN and getting its IP address. Can you confirm (or otherwise) the following:

1. Run safari on your iphone and connect to a webpage (this ensures your network connectivity is up)
    2. Run the Wiser app now - does the problem still occur?

If so, you may have found an issue for us to resolve. I would need to understand your network set up a little more after that - and will PM you as necessary

wilddog, Jan 13, 2011
Ask a Question