Wiser Iphone app to control CNI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Dean Cee, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Dean Cee

Dean Cee

Hi,

Can you user the Wiser Iphone app to control a stand alone CNI (5500CN) ?? Any help would be appreciated.

Dean Cee, Aug 16, 2010
  2. Dean Cee

Newman

The Wiser iPhone app talks directly to the wiser which, in turn, talks to the CNI after it has processed all the commands coming from the iPhone.

There is at least 1 third-party app that I know of and I can only assume that it talks via a PCI/CNI, but it is not the Wiser app.

Newman, Aug 16, 2010
  3. Dean Cee

Dean Cee

OK - Thanks

Dean Cee, Aug 19, 2010
  4. Dean Cee

Beerygaz

Newman, or anyone else for that matter:

It looks like a Wiser and a CNI are about the same price. I'd like to be able to adjust my prograaming via Ethernet so I would have naturally bought a CNI, (and I already have a PAC). Can I adjust C-Bus programming via the Wiser CNI, or is that CNI dedicated to Wiser commands and I'd need a seocnd for programming?

I guess my question is, do I go for a Wiser is it's the same price as a CNI and thus gain an AP and an iPhone interface?

Beerygaz, Aug 31, 2010
  5. Dean Cee

Newman

Yes, you can reprogram devices on your network using the Wiser as a CNI.

The way this works is that Toolkit makes a connection to the Wiser, not the CNI directly. The wiser then disconnects itself from C-Bus and passes the commands coming from Toolkit on to the CNI instead. When Toolkit disconnects, the Wiser then resumes normal operation.

Using the Wiser in this way can be enabled and disabled so, if you have difficulties, make sure that the feature is turned on.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
    Newman, Aug 31, 2010
Ask a Question