Wiser going to Sleep

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by infin8, Feb 11, 2013.

1. infin8

infin8

Hi members, I love the wiser and for the majority of the time it has worked a treat.

My lan is in the 192.168.10.x network
    the wiser is connected in the 192.168.10.201 and uses the modem as a gateway.
    All the port forwards are in the router to point to the wiser.
    All work fine.
    There is a cable from the LAN of the wiser to the modems LAN.
    Wireless is disabled.

My wiser is pingable at the moment and you can connect to the CNI using cbus toolkit, but the wiser app on iphone/ipad and also the webpage are not working.

If I go in the garage and reset the wiser walla it will work again for another day or so then stop again.

I have the latest firmware in it but wondered whether it may be faulty.

any thoughts?

infin8, Feb 11, 2013
  2. infin8

Roosta

Check your piced project, under project details make sure you have the 'enable projector control' ticked and make sure you have 'enable wiser access from lan' enabled and all details filled out..

I have one job where something similar used to happen but after a firmware update and a piced triple check now no problem.. :-S

Cheers..

Roosta, Feb 11, 2013
  3. infin8

Ashley

Also check the power supply voltage from the plug pack next time it fails. I had a similar issue where a wiser would die after a few days and cycling the power would fixed it for a short time. It turned out to be a faulty plug pack.

Ashley, Feb 11, 2013
  4. infin8

infin8

Wiser

Those 3 things are enabled and the wiser still pings even though you cannot connect to it.

I will replace the plug pack today and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the tips.

infin8, Feb 12, 2013
  5. infin8

Robbo_VIC

I have multiple clients where the Scenes and Logic on the Wiser will stop working, and only start working again after a power cycle.

Do Clipsal know of any issues causing the smarts of the Wiser to lockup?

Robbo_VIC, Feb 12, 2013
  6. infin8

infin8

Network Voltage

Plug pack changed fingers crossed.

For the record is that normal?

Network voltage: 29.2V, measured 12 hours ago

infin8, Feb 12, 2013
  7. infin8

kjayakumar

There were problems with ephemeral connections in older firmware (probably 1.27 and below). These were caused by connections to the Wiser from mobile devices on the lan/wan that would suspend and disappear. The result would be that after 2-5 days of such connections, the Wiser would run out of connections and stop functioning. These issues were resolved. In my use of 1.29.0 firmware, I have not seen any such problems. You should see typical uptimes of about 30 days at the least. If you're having an issue where your Wiser is consistently failing, please go through customer support or post your project here. I'll give it a try on my setup.

I've never (not yet anyway) seen any instance where changing the plug pack would affect behavior of Wiser logic. I have seen instances where the plug pack had become marginal and would cause full system hangs (meaning the unit would not respond to anything, as opposed to just having logic stop working). The other thing I have seen is switches exhibiting port-death after power surges and other power noise so I always check if anything upstream of the Wiser is stuck.

The C-Bus network voltage there looks normal.

kjayakumar, Feb 15, 2013
  8. infin8

infin8

Wiser sleeping

I can confirm that changing the plug pack made no difference but I have worked out a fix.

I connected my wiser power supply through a relay connected to the alarm and at midnight I reset it.

Walla problem fixed.

There is definitely a problem there somewhere, i would suspect its an app problem or connecting via the iphone/ipad as when you exit perhaps its not closing the connection or something.

My Wiser has the latest firmware as well.

infin8, Mar 8, 2013
  9. infin8

kjayakumar

Do you have any special logic (eg: sockets) running in your project? If possible, please send me your PICED project? I can try it here and see if the problem is reproducible.

kjayakumar, Mar 11, 2013
Ask a Question