Wiser error "socket exception"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by 2SC, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 2SC

2SC

I have a wiser working perfectly in configuration A at 192.168.2.1
    Today I decided to change it in configuration B - wiser should work as LAN device.
    I used "pearls of wisdom" installation instructions and in 5 minutes I had a wiser working perfectly in local IP 192.168.1.30
    However I have problems in making android application work.
    I made the necessary changes in port forwarding as in attached pictures, but Android app give me this error message
    "socket exception -- 'java.io.IOException: EBADF (Bad file number)"

Any ideas?

-EDIT-
    Now I am getting "error authenticating:recvfrom failed:ECONNRESET(Connection reset by peer)"

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    2SC, Mar 4, 2013
  2. 2SC

joeel1

can you provide the screen capture of android app's setting page?...
    but, i suspicion is, the wiser's cbus port no '8888'.
    android app currently connecting to port 80 (configurable) for authentication
    and port 8888 (fixed - need same port no when port forward) for socket communication.

joeel1, Mar 5, 2013
  3. 2SC

2SC

Setting I have:

Wiser Address
    xxxxxx.dyndns.org

HTTP Port

Wiser XML Port

Today I am getting error "error authenticating: Bad Request"

2SC, Mar 5, 2013
  4. 2SC

kjayakumar

2sc, couple of questions:
    a) are you testing the android app in LAN mode (you are on the same network as the wiser) or in WAN mode (you are on a remote network and using the dyndns.org and 8080 connection)?
    b) when in the same mode, is the Adobe Flash UI working?

kjayakumar, Mar 6, 2013
  5. 2SC

joeel1

hi 2sc....

do you get that error when connecting through LAN or WAN?...
    is the flash app accessible during that period?...

joeel1, Mar 6, 2013
  6. 2SC

2SC

I am testing the android app in WAN mode since I don't have any wifi in my house (that's why I had it in config A since today). wiser is working perfectly in my PC and the android app was working like a treat in config A.

The reason I changed the configuration in my house was that I have a customer that needs his wiser in LAN mode. I made easily all needed configuration in his wiser and his router, wiser and android app are working perfectly in LAN mode, but I can not succeed a WAN connection.

2SC, Mar 6, 2013
  7. 2SC

joeel1

the error message says that, it's couldnt reach the authentication page, on port 8080.
    but, since flash manage to get the page, it suggest something else may happened, like http request timeout or such...
    i'll need to investigate this further...

thanks for your effort....

joeel1, Mar 6, 2013
  8. 2SC

2SC

There are times that I am getting message "timeout while connecting to xxxx.dyndns.org" also

I am really comfused because there is problem with port forwarding or my internet provider router since my wiser was working properly in config A

2SC, Mar 6, 2013
  9. 2SC

kjayakumar

Thanks for your reply. I'm still unclear on one data point. With your current WAN setup, is the Adobe Flash UI working correctly when remote? If it is working, then that's good news as it means all your port forwarding settings are correct. If it is not, then you would need to solve that first before looking at the Android UI.

Common mistakes I make on the port forwarding are that the frontend router is forwarding correctly to the Wiser but the Wiser does not have its gateway set to the frontend router (Project Details->Wiser->LAN->Allow Access from Wiser LAN ports).

Testing using the browser will also verify if your dyndns settings are correct.

kjayakumar, Mar 7, 2013
Ask a Question