Wiser Email Manager

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by HSLee, Jun 22, 2009.

1. HSLee

HSLee

Hi all,

I was facing another wiser problem
    When i configure the email manager and i found out that it didn't show at simulate mode?

from the email account status i get the msg below
    wiser Account
    Last read succeeded
    10 messages

but at simulate mode it didn't show the email logo beside rss feed logo
    Anybody face this problem before?

HSLee, Jun 22, 2009
  2. HSLee

Darren Senior Member

I think you will need to transfer the project to the Wiser unit before the e-mail will be able to be read.

Darren, Jun 23, 2009
  3. HSLee

HSLee

Hi darren

thanks for help
    i already transfer to Wiser ,still the same problem vene using projecter file to view i also can't view about this my wiser firmware is v1.9 and configure by piced v4.6.1

i also find out some problem when using symbian phone nokia E71 to view GUI of wiser.
    the device support letest flash lite.
    but when i view through http://[I]WISERIPADDRESS[/I]. only can view the skin background without other thing like "word and logo".

HSLee, Jun 25, 2009
  4. HSLee

kjayakumar

HSLee, it might help to be clearer. Your description suggests that you can't see the mailbox icon on your Wiser UI, and that it doesn't allow you to see your mailbox messages. Is that correct? You may want to double check that you are using an unencrypted POP3 account, that the password and username are correct. Did it use to work and stop working at some point or has it always not worked? Is it that it is working when used locally but not when used remotely?

How are you viewing the GUI? I assume through a web browser as my understanding is that Clipsal has not yet relased an application for Symbian.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
    kjayakumar, Jun 26, 2009
  5. HSLee

wappinghigh

..on another slant...

Does Wiser support email alarms?

Or in other words could PICED within Wiser be programmed to send an email if the following logic was triggered:

if cellar temp > 16C (as an example)
    send email "warning temp >16"....or something like that....

wappinghigh, Jun 27, 2009
  6. HSLee

kjayakumar

Yes, that would look something like:

once ( GetRealIBSystemIO("HVAC Temperature", 1, HVACZoneU) > 16) then
    SendEMail(1, '[email protected]', 'Warning temp > 16', 'better go home and check');
    end;

One point of note that I'm aware of is that unfortunately, the currently released Wiser firmware did not fetch temperature correctly so one will need to wait for Clipsal's eagerly anticipated next release for above to work correctly.

kjayakumar, Jun 28, 2009
  7. HSLee

kjayakumar

The new PICED release now allows the Wiser to work with a phone-native symbian flashlite application rather than phone browser plugin. http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/general_utilities

But upgrade very carefully as it requires a firmware upgrade and you'll also need to update your project on your Wiser.

kjayakumar, Aug 1, 2009
  8. HSLee

wappinghigh

Ok!

KJ...

has the new upgrade fixed this??

wappinghigh, Aug 1, 2009
  9. HSLee

kjayakumar

Yes, the get temperature stuff works now, email and socket IO are better too, at least in my opinion. Sending email requires that your ISP allow open access to port 25 and unfortunately, my ISP is one of those crappy ones so email sending doesn't work for me at home. It does works fine from the office though.

kjayakumar, Aug 1, 2009
  10. HSLee

wappinghigh

Cool!!! I'd like to give it ago....

Where do you enter this email logic?

Is it a "procedure" or a "function"?

wappinghigh, Aug 1, 2009
  11. HSLee

kjayakumar

I did PICED->logic then Add new module, called it tempmonitor, then just stuck the code in there. But I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with the logic engine editor's capabilities and understanding how all of it works. For example, if you want to find out all the stuff that's exposed in HVAC, you do right click -> System IO -> Get IB System IO -> then click the drop down and you'll see all the HVAC related stuff.

kjayakumar, Aug 1, 2009
  12. HSLee

BigBoyVn

Wiser Email setting

Hi kjayakumar!

I had a post asking about Wiser Email setting. and was answered that Wiser does not support gmail, which require Encryption. So I am suprised that you are using gmail for your logic.

Here is my post: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5648

Would you share me your experience on email setting for Wiser?
    Thank you in advance!

BigBoyVn, Mar 7, 2010
  13. HSLee

kjayakumar

Hi BigBoyVn,

Yes, it is correct that Wiser does not support retrieving email from gmail because it uses secured pop3 and/or https. In the logic shown above, I should make it clear, that that is _sending_ email to a gmail address. This will of course work fine as long as you have a valid standard smtp server to send mail from. We've used Internode and several others and this works fine. The key point is of course, you can send to anyone, gmail included.

Hope that helps clarify things.

kjayakumar, Mar 7, 2010
Ask a Question