Wiser DDNS

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by constantcharge, Sep 1, 2010.

1. constantcharge

constantcharge

Hi Guys,

I have had 5 or so sites loose the DDNS even though it is setup and enabled.

Does anyone have info on if the Wisers DDNS client syncs every day or only when the connection changes (ie IP address) my test setup is working fine but dont have DDNS running in wiser.(I trust my billion a bit more!)

These have a up time of > 40 days without reboot. The free DDNS runs out after 30 days of no updates. (Stable Wiser's !Woot :D).

constantcharge, Sep 1, 2010
  2. constantcharge

NickD Moderator

I've been using it with my dyndns.org account since the field trial and have never had a problem.

Just had a look at the dyndns logs and the last update was on 27/8 so it looks like it's not every day...

Nick

NickD, Sep 1, 2010
  3. constantcharge

constantcharge

Hi Nick,

Isnt yours a paid for DNS name ??

Free accounts un-subscribe after a period of no updates. I cant work out why these are dropping out I only noticed that the ip's hadnt changed over a period of 30 days. If I reboot them it works after I re-setup the account again :eek:

4. constantcharge

NickD Moderator

Yes, but it's with dyndns. I meant I hadn't had a problem with it not updating, not with the account being disabled.

Nick

NickD, Sep 1, 2010
  5. constantcharge

constantcharge

Cool.

Yea seems to update ok when wisers (or modem) gets rebooted. Checking via dyndns web site, so settings in wisers must be ok. Its the only test i can do without leaving something logging.
    Has to be something odd going on as more than one wiser didnt update so accounts were suspended..

6. constantcharge

wanricky

I am using dyndns too and there was problem with update ip. I heard that the other option in the WISER is better. My colleague insists in using no-ip. The only problem with no-ip is that the main computer must be running and it could be blocked in China. so now I had two. good for testing and back up usage.

wanricky, Sep 7, 2010
Ask a Question