Wiser - Ctouch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Sep 27, 2010.

1. muppets

muppets

Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to link the IO's between a C-touch and the Wiser, I would like to have Temperature from our A/C displayed and be able to nudge up and down the set point (like I do on the C-touch). Or should I be using a different method? I need to use the C-touch for the RS232 interface, which is painful! I wish I had opted for a simple A/C not a digital scroll unit and I would have used the CBUS thermostat - not that it existed then.

Also I would like to be able to invoke a rain delay (on Wiser to the Irigation manager in C-touch), even if it was a set amount of days with the push of a button, I can enable/disable the irrigation system using the enable group item but it obviously doesn't re-enable and if I lost remote connection if on holidays then there may not be a garden when I returned.

muppets, Sep 27, 2010
  2. muppets

Darren Senior Member

If you were using the C-Bus thermostat, then all units would be able to control the set-point.

Since you are using some sort of custom solution, you will need to synchronise the data between the two units yourself. At the moment, there is no automatic way of having user system IO variables synchronised between units. The best way is to have some logic which detects a change in the user system IO variable, and send the change using a lighting group. It is a bit of a hack, but it will work OK.

This is going to be difficult at the moment, as it is not possible to set the due date for the schedule from logic to re-enable the irrigation control after the rain delay.

It could be done by writing some customised logic to implement the rain delay in logic, then trigger this from the other device (Wiser).

Darren, Oct 6, 2010
  3. muppets

muppets

Can rain delay be invoked with logic or are you suggesting to just disable the irrigation enable control? Then renable down the track.

Can a scene perform any schedule functions?

Sorry I accidentally started a new thread that was meant for this thread.
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33598#post33598

You suggest using the system IO and passing via lighting group - I have managed to use a trigger level but there is not an offset function in wiser like the C-touch and the value that gets sent is double the temperature - is it possible to divide a trigger or integer and what happens to the decimal or should we round to an even number somehow first?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
    muppets, Nov 7, 2010
  4. muppets

Darren Senior Member

I am suggesting the latter (controlling the enable group).

I am not sure what you mean by this. Can you give an example?

Can you provide an extract from the logic code from Wiser and C-Touch so we can see what you are doing?

Darren, Nov 8, 2010
Ask a Question