Wiser control of air conditioner

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by pbelectrical, Mar 16, 2012.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Hi all, has anyone been able to succesfully control air conditioners through c-bus and wiser. If so could you give a heads up on the air con unit you used and the c-bus components required. Thanks.

pbelectrical, Mar 16, 2012
  2. pbelectrical

tobex

The reply will depend on the brand. Such as Carrier, MHI, Daikin. Or some other BMS enabled system with contact inputs, VRF, VRV.

tobex, Mar 16, 2012
  3. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Hi Tobex, the customer has not yet decided on a brand and has asked for my input. Seeing as they will have c-bus and wiser I thought I would ask for opinions/experiences as to what systems have given the most satisfactory outcomes.

P.S. It is a domestic installation and will probably consist of 3 or 4 separate split systems servicing individual zones.

pbelectrical, Mar 16, 2012
  4. pbelectrical

tobex

There are experts in the forum who have previously suggested that brands with VRF can be networked with an interface box.

Look at this Dimax brand for ideas. They cover several versions.

http://www.xdimax.com/cool/cool.html

Notice that the PWM module allows 6 dry contacts.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    tobex, Mar 16, 2012
  5. pbelectrical

DarylMc

Hello Peter
    I have used the Coolmaster with some Daikin wall mounted splits.
    It works well but just be aware it may not quite have all the functions available on the remote (eg only 2 or 3 fan speeds).
    There is plenty of documentation on the site Tobex pointed you to.
    If you need more info have a chat to Igor on Skype
    http://www.xdimax.com/cool/cool.html#BUY

DarylMc, Mar 17, 2012
  6. pbelectrical

NickD Moderator

I have a Panasonic inverter unit (CS-F43DD1E5) with an add-on card (CZ-TA30P) that allows on/off control and monitoring.

I have 7 switched zones, plus one constant zone, so I have this set up with a C-Bus 8 channel ELV relay (L5108RELVP)... 7 channels controlling the 24Vac zone motors and one controlling the dry contact input to switch the plant on and off). I have a bus coupler monitoring the status output.

This setup doesn't give me the ability to change setpoint, fan speed, or heat/cool mode, which would be nice, but in reality (where I live anyway), these things rarely get changed more than twice a year.

That said, I find it very useful as it is. I have a graphic (see attached) that shows the state of each zone, as well as the plant, and the temperature (where a sensor exists). I can also control each zone and the plant by clicking on the room.

At the time I found there was a more sophisticated controller that appeared to have a higher-level interface, but it was only advertised in the european markets and the local distributor didn't seem to know (or was interested in finding out) about it.

Nick

Attached Files:

• plan.PNG
      plan.PNG
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
    NickD, Mar 21, 2012
Ask a Question