Wiser CNI Not Operating

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by SBL, Feb 11, 2010.

1. SBL

SBL

Hi all,

I have a Wiser setup which I am using to test the I-Phone approach with.

I am able to connect to the Wiser from Internet Explorer with my PC plugged into the Wiser's LAN. I am also able to connect from my IPhone. In both cases I get the expected user interface for my test project, but cannot use it to control C-Bus through the CNI.

I can ping the CNI and the Wiser. I can access and change the IP address of both devices via PICED and the C-Bus IP utility. I think I have the general IP topology side of things working.

The indicator lights on the front of the router suggest connectivity and coms between the wiser/router and the CNI. The CNI's LED flashes to suggest it is actively communicating at the ethernet level (Wiser & CNI are talking I think)

I can access the CNI from Toolkit, suggesting the C-Bus network side has connectivity.

PROBLEM
    The C-Bus icon in the Wiser user interface suggests no C-Bus connection. Neither the PC internet user interface, or the IPhone is able to actually control C-Bus when I click widgets on or off.
    For some reason I suspect that although I have connectivity at the ethernet level and at the C-Bus level, Wiser thinks there is no connection to C-Bus.

I have read the other posts and checked / updated the firmware, and my PICED version, IPhone firmware version, deleted and reinstalled the IPhone app. The only thing I don't seem to have been able to demonstrate as a test is the use of the CNI to connect via Toolkit.

If anyone can see what I am missing any advice appreciated.

Otherwise is anyone else stuck at the same point as me?

SBL, Feb 11, 2010
  2. SBL

kjayakumar

Correct. If you see a C-Bus icon with a stroke through it then the Wiser believes it does not have C-Bus connectivity. For now, I recommend focussing only on the PC based interface so that we limit the number of things to check. Once the PC based interface works, then lets talk about the iPhone.

First thing to check is the Wiser's view of the CNI. You can do this by going to the Wiser's status page, (Tools->System Utilities->Wiser tab) or directly by entering in a browser http://192.168.2.1/clipsal/main.htm (where 192.168.2.1 is replaced with your Wiser's IP). You should then see the Wiser's view of what the CNI IP address is currently. On mine, it says:
    CNI Information 192.168.2.2:10001

Then you can go to the CNI's IP address in a browser. http://192.168.2.2/ and you will se a plain text webpage. For example, on mine it says:

Network status: Client connected since 3 hours ago
    Network voltage: 28.3V, measured 3 hours ago

If you see some other response for network status then that indicates something is wrong and that the Wiser is not connected to the CNI. If you see no voltage, then that indicates the CNI isn't connected properly to C-Bus.

If above is fine, then the other possibility is that something else is connecting directly to the CNI and preventing your Wiser from connecting to it. You should also check that you have exited toolkit or closed the network so that the Wiser is not in transparent mode and also make sure toolkit is not connected to the CNI.

Hope this helps.

kjayakumar, Feb 11, 2010
  3. SBL

kjayakumar

One other thing to check, if you've recently upgraded your firmware, you should also ensure the PICED project you've uploaded to it is up to date. You can get details of the project on your Wiser from that status page. For example, mine says:

Firmware Version Kona_1.12.0
    Project Size 319207 / 524272 : 60 percent full
    Project Information OFFICTE2
    CNI Information 192.168.2.2:10001
    User Interface Version CBC - 3.7.0,UI - 3.9.0
    Time Source NTP Master at 09/02/2010 19:52:05
    Miscellaneous HG-LAN Enabled, Schedules Enabled

kjayakumar, Feb 11, 2010
  4. SBL

SBL

Thanks Guys - Working Now

Hi Guys,

Thankyou for the quick feedback. I tried it with a different CNI, worked straight away.

Neat to see it go, beautiful product!

Regards

SBL

SBL, Feb 11, 2010
Ask a Question