Wiser CNI IP Password

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by ditaliano, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ditaliano

ditaliano

I recently changed my Wiser IP address to a different IP range, and have been trying to change my CNI IP address with it..I originally had the Wiser at 192.168.1.7 and the CNI was at 192.168.1.6 and am now trying to use 192.168.2.7 for the Wiser and 192.168.2.6 for the CNI.

The only problem is when I use the IP Utility to change the Wiser's CNI IP address, it asks me for a password that I was unaware even existed for this CNI...I tried using defaults such as 'password' '1234' even the Wiser's admin login password but cannot readdress my CNI because of the password problem..

Is there something I am missing here??

ditaliano, Apr 21, 2012
  2. ditaliano

ashleigh Moderator

Yes :)

The Wiser CNI (and new model CNI's... eventually) have a password to prevent indiscriminate changes to IP addresses over the network.

If you forget the password, there is a password reset button on the CNI.

(The idea is: if you have physical access you can do anything, anyhow. When a CNI is in a wiring closest in a building, having the neighbourhood hacker change IP addresses could be a bad thing.)

There are instructions on use of the reset button on the web / in the user guide for the wiser CNI.

ashleigh, Apr 22, 2012
Ask a Question