Wiser apps again

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by MrBus, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MrBus

MrBus

I updated the wiser app in my phone a couple of days back and now find that once again it doesn't work. The app opens and works fine on the first group of lights but when I try and change to another page the app shuts down.
    Anyone else having any issues like this. I really believe the wiser unit and supporting apps was the worst mistake I've made in automating my house. It's never really been a raging success.

Wiser1.
    iPhone 5 with latest iOS.
    Wiser app is random in startup. Sometimes decides it will.
    Wiser HD is the one that shuts down on page changes.

MrBus, Sep 2, 2015
  2. MrBus

MrBus

Ok I guess no one has had issues. Could someone point me in the right direction to give feedback to Clipsal on issues I'm having ?
    Thanks.

MrBus, Sep 4, 2015
  3. MrBus

DarylMc

DarylMc, Sep 4, 2015
  4. MrBus

Roosta

Have you tried both deleting and re-installing the apps and then restarting the phone completely?

We have had wiser installed in our house since '09 and access it every day on both wifi and 3g from a variety of apple devices.. Iphone 4, iphone 5, iphone 6, and ipads..

Also as an after thought, it might be worth checking which firmware etc your wiser and piced projects are..

Roosta, Sep 4, 2015
  5. MrBus

MrBus

I deleted both and reinstalled. Both do the same thing.
    Wiser app. Fires up first time after install and only opens again if I swipe close the app. If I don't swipe it closed next time I try to open it it gets hung up on say 5/31 units and freezes.

Wiser HD. I've managed to sort this one out. Seems if I go to settings then wiser HD and change from horizontal scroll to vertical scroll it works fine. If I change it back to horizontal scroll ( which is how I prefer it) it shuts down when selecting another location / page.

I'll live with the vertical for now and endeavour to contact the support.
    Thanks for the replies.

MrBus, Sep 4, 2015
  6. MrBus

jboer

I am not sure why Schneider still have the Wiser App available, it is just too unstable.

HD is much better and is usable day to day.

While I agree that it feel clunky, especially to a few of the other options out there, it does do its job.

jboer, Sep 4, 2015
  7. MrBus

MrBus

Are all if your devices updated to the latest iOS along with your wiser unit and piced etc? I can't believe you have no issues. Mine has been an ongoing struggle from day one. I have the most basic project running in it also. No logic or fancy stuff that might give issues.
    The wiser HD app has been by far the most stable for me also but this new thing with only being able to run it in vertical mode got me shaking my head again.

MrBus, Sep 6, 2015
  8. MrBus

Robbo_VIC

I reported this to support a few weeks ago and they were able to replicate. They escalated it hopefully for a quick fix.

Over time, I've had many problems with the horizontal scroll setup. It seems when the App is tested, they only use vertical scroll

Robbo_VIC, Sep 17, 2015
  9. MrBus

bmerrick

Hey MrBus,

Like Roosta, I have had the Wiser 1, a Wiser 1A and now a Wiser 2 for a great long time without much issue.

I have however noticed that since about IOS 7, the original Wiser for IOS code (1.3.0) became far more concerned about WiFi quality. In my home which is full brick over several levels, the problem started being manifested by a part number of project widgets loading, as you say like 15 out of 130 or sometimes 70 or sometimes the app crashing when the WiFi signal was degraded in an area. Walk 5 metres closer to the router and it would load every time. So my recommendation is check your Wifi in each location, 3 bars Great, 2 bars=Don't bother.

I noticed some of my clients had similar issues in higher WiFi density areas and found by using InSSIDer that the channels were often being smashed by adjacent neighbour's access points. I moved them to a quiet channel where possible.

If you are using the Wiser for the access point, in the router area setup (System Utilities section from the GUI) config, set the WiFi config to Normal from Wide Channel use ie 20Mhz and use InSSIDer to check channel use in your area.

Remote Access problems also got better after IOS 7.x by turning off the 'Warn using 3G' setting.

Also my Apple 4S seemingly has better WiFi reception (evidenced by distance from router for Wiser connectivity & operation) than my iPhone 6. My son, the new recipient of my old 4S can outdistance me on Wiser by about 5-8 metres before the drop outs and misloads you mention. I just added another router.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
    bmerrick, Sep 17, 2015
  10. MrBus

Ambro

Ios9 has fixed all the problems mentioned above for me - give it a try.

Ambro, Sep 21, 2015
Ask a Question