Wiser app problems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Dan86, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Dan86

Dan86

When using the wiser app on my i phone everything works fine until i view the security page, it continues to work then after about 5 or so seconds the app crashes.

It works fine through the explorer bar on my computer

Also when i try to connect to the wiser through the new 'Wiser HD' app it says,

Error
    Your Wiser is not reachable. Please verify your URL or IP.

I have checked the url and ip a million times and its exactly the same as i use when im connecting via the older wiser app.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Dan86, Oct 27, 2012
  2. Dan86

Roosta

Hey,

I have occasionally have the same issues with mine but i put it down to using a 3gs and the wiser app being resource hungry.. Happens more often to me when changing between locations and functions quickly..

I also have the same issue with wiser hd but it appears you cant put in your url for remote it has to be the ip of your router, which means if you have dynamic ip you are buggered.. Locally wiser hd works ok for me but still occasional crashing..

These probs have been present since the last update..

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 27, 2012
  3. Dan86

bmerrick

Hi Roosta,

I believe the correct term 'Undocumented Feature' is used in the IT industry :D

bmerrick, Oct 28, 2012
  4. Dan86

Dan86

I have a 4g but it crashes everytime i access the security page, might just be an app thing? hopefully they can fix it in the next update

I cant even get wiser hd to work locally

thanks for you help anyway Roosta

Dan86, Oct 30, 2012
  5. Dan86

bmerrick

Hi Dan,

Just checking (as you didn't mention it) that you did upgrade your PICED to 4.11.1, and it did auto transfer the new 1.26.0 firmware up to the Wiser prior to you re-uploading your Wiser project,
    all after first updating your existing Toolkit project with Toolkit 1.12.1 (now 1.12.3)?

When I first loaded the Wiser HD app, it would crash just on Blinds but everything else worked, until I realised I was still on the old 1.25.0 firmware. New firmware fixed that right up.

When you say 'Security Page', do you mean the HomeSafe or MinderPro widget, or the password number entry page under system utilities?

If you did all the things at the top and it is not working locally, how about removing the security widget (if that is what you say is crashing it) and try uploading everything but that. Does that work locally?

Regards,

Brad

bmerrick, Oct 30, 2012
Ask a Question