Wiser app no longer working

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by terryd, Aug 16, 2013.

1. terryd

terryd

Hi all

I have a Wiser Home Control app which has been working fine for the last couple of years but has now stopped working for some reason. I have an iphone app (version 1.3.0, latest version) which was operating across the internet and on my wifi. I also have the same problem on my wifi ipad.

The error I'm now getting is unreachable 1.Please ensure you have the correct version of iPhone app installed to connect to your Wiser.
    2.Please reconfigure the login information.

I have restarted the Wiser control and wifi router that it's connected to (many times), to no avail. I've not changed anything so I don't know what could have caused this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

terryd, Aug 16, 2013
  2. terryd

kjayakumar

Here's what I would check:
    a) does it work on LAN using Adobe Flash UI in browser
    b) does it work on remote (WAN) using Adobe Flash UI in browser
    If the answer to both of above are yes, then the iPhone app should work as well in both scenarios. If the iPhone app does not work when the adobe flash app works, that might suggest something on your phone has changed from the working setup. I would not be sure what to do since I haven't experienced such a scenario before. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the app?

kjayakumar, Aug 16, 2013
  3. terryd

terryd

SOLVED - faulty router

Thanks for your help in solving this. The problem was solved by replacing the router that the wiser unit was connected to. It was probably the power supply of the router that was causing the problem but it was a better option to replace the router completely.

Cheers.

terryd, Aug 21, 2013
Ask a Question