Wiser App - New Feature request

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Thomas, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Thomas

Thomas

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a feature by which one could check the system time via the Wiser App?:)

Cheers
    Thomas

Thomas, Mar 8, 2013
  2. Thomas

kjayakumar

Do you mean the system time of the Wiser and which app (Android, iPhone, iPad or Adobe Flash?)

kjayakumar, Mar 11, 2013
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Hi,

Yes I would be interested to see the system time. This would be useful in cases of remote servicing.

The apps I use are Android and Flash via PC.

Thank you :)

Thomas, Mar 11, 2013
  4. Thomas

Roosta

I am intrigued how this would be useful for remote servicing the customer via the iOS/Android app.. There really just is not much you can do from either app that would make it worthy, aside from adjusting schedules, in which case you should update the project via PICED, rather than tweaking the project already loaded in the wiser..

I have only ever used the a PC and flash gui for remote servicing, in which case the system time is already displayed..

Cheers...

Roosta, Mar 11, 2013
  5. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Roosta,

I agree that it may not be interesting in most cases, but as it were, I had an issue the other day, whereby at the site in question, schedules seemed to not happen as expected.
    So while out and about, it could have been an easy an quick thing to eliminate the possibility of the system running at an incorrect time. Even better, should this have been the case, and possibly adjusting it.
    This is still a bit of an issue as I do not have access via a PC. It seems that port 80 and 8080 do not give any success.
    This is a new site which is 1500km from where I am, so it would be great to be able to eliminate whatever possible when questions come up.
    I hope that explains what seems to be a curious request:)

While we are at it, would it be very big an issue to provide the option of sliders vs push-buttons for dimmers?

Cheers
    Thomas

Thomas, Mar 12, 2013
  6. Thomas

bmerrick

Hi Thomas,

You stated that you use a PC as well ("Flash via PC"). You may have overlooked that the system time is always available on the Wiser GUI to 'pull out' in the bottom left corner as a clock, or if you have the RSS news feed enabled, it is always there in digital format. :p

Also, under the normal 'System Utilities' function menu on the left side there is a C-Bus Date and Time that you can read and also set if you need to.

On iDevices iPad iPhone Android etc:
    Apologies in advance, there are probably FAR FAR better ways to do this that someone else will come back with, (and I probably overlooked time being available somewhere else) but I knocked this logic up quickly and it seems to work.

In PICED - 'Edit Logic'
    Create a new Module called 'Time on Wiser' or whatever.

in it put:
    once (Second <> timechec) then // Runs the code once a second*
    begin
    TimeToString(time, s_time);
    SetStringSystemIO("System Time Display", s_time);
    timechec := Second;
    end;

In Global Variables you will need:
    s_time : string;
    timechec : integer;

Logic should save and compile OK.

Next, under 'Edit System IO'
    Add a System Variable - 'System Time Display' set as a string variable and you can set the initial value to 'updating'

Next, under 'Widget Manager'
    Create a new widget - Logic with widget type as 'User System IO String', probably best in a 'Tools' function group etc Location wherever.

Choose the System IO Variable 'System Time Display' and make the label 'System Time'

Voila, System time is displayed on your iPhone, Android, iPad etc.

Enjoy,

Brad

* This logic update the System Time display every second. IMHO, better to change the two time variables to 'Minute' instead which would reduce load on the Wiser, or simply change the first logic test to:
    "once (Second = 0) then" you could then remove the timechec variable altogether.

Attached Files:

bmerrick, Mar 14, 2013
  7. Thomas

Roosta

Yet again I wish there was a 'like' button..

Well done Bmerrick.. Very nice solution..

Cheers..

Roosta, Mar 14, 2013
  8. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your effort, looks good. And even without a like button I like that, well done!

Just to clarify, I am aware of the system time availability once logged in via PC, but at times, for whatever reasons a PC is not available, then it's good it it is all there via phone.
    We may have special problems here, in the particular case, the client is connected via the national Telekoms service provider, and that is just problems, start to finish.

Cheers
    Thomas

Thomas, Mar 14, 2013
Ask a Question