wiser app for android

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by ven, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ven

ven

hi guys,
    any idea if we will see the wiser app on the android platform soon?

ven, Nov 22, 2010
  2. ven

2SC

3. ven

Newman

Just to be clear, this is not a Clipsal Wiser app, but an app created by an independent developer. It talks to any CNI. It can therefore also use the CNI that hangs off the side of a Wiser but the Wiser disconnects itself from C-Bus when used this way.

Newman, Nov 22, 2010
  4. ven

kjayakumar

That's an interesting question to ask on the forum. I think you'll also want to communicate your request back via the sales/support path so that the right people who have power to grant your wish know about your interest. :) Out of curiosity, which Android platform are you using? The level of functionality you'll get will vary based on the platform since Android devices vary very significantly in capabilities/performance.

kjayakumar, Nov 23, 2010
  5. ven

ven

Android

First, Thanks for the info.

I run 2.2 on the htc desire. but my client run varois versions. looking at droid platform tablets as well.

ven, Nov 23, 2010
  6. ven

Colin1142

Another vote for an Android app, if the press are to be belived the Andriod has been outselling iPhone in america for some time. Mine is also the HTC Desire. It works fine in the house on the wireless network just need to expand the screen. I just have the IP address saved as a bookmark, havent got round to trying it on 3G yet, job for the weekend maybe.

Colin1142, Nov 30, 2010
  7. ven

wanricky

I am using Galaxy S, upgraded to Andriod 2.2 with Kies (so that the phone supports Flash) and I can access Wiser with ordinary Browser from the phone. With the big screen of the galaxy S, it looks good enough. The only problem is that with 3G connections, the connection was really slow sometimes(as shown in ip cams) and even hanged but with WIFI it works the same as on a laptop. So I think a native app would make the traffic smoother with all the graphical stuff in the apps and better control of ip cams.

wanricky, Dec 14, 2010
  8. ven

kjayakumar

That's useful information. However, I'm not sure if the native app will improve the performance when used with 3G. In my experience, 3G performance varies wildly depending on provider (primarily), and location. I think the only way a native app would help would be if it was more aggressive on reconnecting and had faster timeouts to detect stalled connections. Also, I'd like to encourage you to pass your feedback on the Android request through the sales/support path so that the powers that be can assign appropriate engineering priority.

kjayakumar, Dec 14, 2010
  9. ven

nickrusanov

+1 for cool android wiser app. Galaxy TAB is hell great gadget for smart home control (and native flash connection to wiser is very slow)

and iphone app looks much too dated now, not having native ipad version and thermostat support

nickrusanov, Dec 15, 2010
  10. ven

emillika

Wiser app for Android +!!

emillika, Dec 15, 2010
  11. ven

emillika

Yawn........ :D

emillika, Jan 14, 2011
  12. ven

kjayakumar

I'm wondering whether yawning is an effective way to procure the Wiser android app, or if contacting your sales person and making your needs clear might be better. :)

kjayakumar, Jan 15, 2011
  13. ven

21stcenturyelec

Is there any chance of a clipsal supported app??? please:):D, the free one on adroid market is ok but not very reliable, its more reliable to use flash and access the wiser web interface but the down side is the wife can't get on with it.

I'd rather not shell out for a Ipod touch just to be able to use the apple app.

Come on clipsal pleasssseeee

21stcenturyelec, Feb 21, 2011
  14. ven

kjayakumar

There is definitely a chance. As you probably know, the forum is read by lots of people working with Clipsal and they can try to push this, but I suspect it would be also good if this request also came in through more formal channels.

kjayakumar, Feb 22, 2011
  15. ven

21stcenturyelec

Do you have details of the formal channel? it would be good to direct it to the correct part of clipsal.

21stcenturyelec, Feb 22, 2011
Ask a Question