Wiser App and Amazon Fire TV

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by j9ymo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. j9ymo

j9ymo

Im pretty new to CBus ,so excuse me if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find any threads. It might not interest anybody, but I thought I would share it anyway.
    I have been playing about with an Amazon Fire TV box and side loaded XBMC or Kodi as it is now called. Anyway I also side loaded the Wiser Android to the box and can now control the house from within Kodi. If anyone is interested i'll post some pictures but I think it is quite good to be able to set a scene and watch a movie all from the same scene. Kind of makes you wonder why you need Crestron.

j9ymo, Feb 18, 2015
  2. j9ymo

daniel C-Busser Moderator

That sounds interesting. What Kodi plugin(s) did you use?

I use Plex myself but while it has a better family-usability it's much more limited in plugins/features compared to Kodi :(

daniel, Feb 23, 2015
  3. j9ymo

j9ymo

I have a custom confluence skin running on my version of Kodi. This gives a shortcut to android apps. From here you can access any of the android apps you have on your fire tv or android tv box. I also have it running on an android mx3 box in another room and it works perfectly. If you can't find the skin and you want it give me a shout and ill try and upload a link or ill just email it to you as its only a really small file. Im just trying to figure out if I can use a custom picture for my Wiser background within the GUI. Then it will look great on the screen. Im a self taught bus programmer so still have lots to learn. Training for the product in the UK is virtually non existent.

j9ymo, Feb 28, 2015
Ask a Question