Wiser android app fails on Android 7

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Ashley, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ashley

Ashley

My Nexus phone just upgraded to V7 and the Aircon widgets now crash the app.

Given the lack of activity on this particular app I have little confidence it will be fixed, but I just wanted to warn others thinking about upgrading.

Anybody got any ideas about replacements :(

Ashley, Sep 22, 2016
  2. Ashley

Colin Moderator

Questions:
    1.Have you reported logged this issue through to Clipsal/Schneider Electric tech support?

2.What version of the Wiser App are you having the issue with, WiserHD or Wiser2 or Wiser?

3.What version of Nexus phone are you having the issue with?

4.How did you determine the Aircon Widget is at fault?

If you could take the time to answer Questions 2 - 3 (perhaps suggest you call and log the issue with Technical support and provide the details of Q2 - 3, you can contact Technical Support on 1300 202 525) you should be provided with a case number to follow up on the action.

Colin, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Ashley

Ashley

So I reported it to Technical Support. I was told it was a very old app and while they could report it they could give no indication that a fix would be forthcoming. I didn't get a case number.

I did a bit more testing and discovered that the app crashes on any control attempt. It displays data correctly but any attempt at control from any widget crashes the app. This is on a Nexus 6P with app v1.05 from the CIS web site.

Ashley, Sep 22, 2016
  4. Ashley

Colin Moderator

Thanks for making the effort.

I can confirm that tech support did report it into the system for us to investigate.

The Additional information will help.

As for when / if a repair is coming, I will try to keep you informed of the outcome of the investigation .

Colin, Sep 22, 2016
  5. Ashley

Colin Moderator

You can now find a updated App that should address your issues on the google play store. Please note the new version on GPS will install separately (that is it will not update the old App) thus you will most likely need to manually enter all login / account details into the new app. As the Icons will not look any different, I suggest take note of your account details, (LAN, WAN IP/URL, Local and Remote Port & Password) remove the old App then install the new one from GPS.

Any future updates/fixes will be placed on google play store and update normally.

Colin, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Ashley

Ashley

Excellent. Thanks Colin. Work great :)

Ashley, Oct 17, 2016
Ask a Question