Wiser and Pronto or Switch Automation Pronto

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Memphix, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Memphix

Memphix

Has anyone used the Wiser with a Pronto? Or Wiser with Switch Automation Pronto?

What are peoples experience with the wireless coverage/strength with the Wiser?

Thanks.

Memphix, Feb 3, 2010
  2. Memphix

kjayakumar

I haven't but based on what I know, Pronto doesn't have a Wiser application. It has prontoscript modules that talk to a CNI and would thus treat a Wiser as a CNI. When this happens, the other Wiser touchpoints like iphone/itouch, media center, browser, nokia, etc won't be able to communicate with Wiser until the Pronto disconnects. As you can imagine, that's not so great.

As for WiFi coverage, the Wiser basically has a standard 802.11n implementation, I think from RealTek and the antennas are standard MIMO type so its range/strength matches what you'd get from the decent APs out there. If you need additional coverage, extending it by using additional APs in standard ethernet to WiFi bridging mode works fine.

kjayakumar, Feb 4, 2010
  3. Memphix

Memphix

Thats an interesting thought... not what I was meaning sorry.

Pronto's don't work 100% on all APs. I was wondering if anyone has used the Wiser as a WiFi AP for the Pronto.

Memphix, Feb 4, 2010
  4. Memphix

constantcharge

I have used many wisers with pronto's, I have not had any problems in regards to pronto not connecting to certain router brands, they only recommend ones. If you do your homework you will be able to work it out. When using pronto script only once connecting can be made to wiser as it is used as a CNI. If you do that you will be unable use wiser gui when pronto connected. Best to put in another CNI dedicated just for pronto control I think.

In regards to range, in a 3 large story house can get access from 2 floors (range is as good as any other standard router). Basement is out of range so added another wireless AP. If setup correctly you shouldnt notice any change going from one AP to another.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    constantcharge, Feb 4, 2010
  5. Memphix

Darpa

You could always put higher gain antennas on the unit. That would increase the range proportionally.

Darpa, Feb 4, 2010
Ask a Question