Wiser and Ness D8 mini central interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by JMT, Jul 20, 2013.

1. JMT

JMT

I'm still having trouble with the wiser security application and the Ness mini central interface after updating the firmware 1.2v into the mini central. The problem I'm having is that its not arming or disarming through wiser keypad, only works once or twice after unit has been programmed. I have armed and disarmed panel from keypad first, then through wiser, this works for a couple of times then stops working. Toolkit application log shows (when not working) that it is getting commands sent from wiser with (unknown) at the end. Not sure if this means that it doesn't know the protocol???
    Need Help?

JMT, Jul 20, 2013
  2. JMT

kjayakumar

By Wiser security application, I'm assuming you mean C-Bus security application with the Wiser security widget. Now, there are only 2 Wiser widgets for security, the Homesafe Panel Widget and the MinderPro Panel Widget in PICED. Which one are you using? Also are you using this from the Adobe Flash/browser UI, Android UI or iPhone UI or WiserHD/iPad/iPhone UI?

I tried with the MinderPro widget on a Wiser and the messages that go out on C-Bus looks normal. I'm looking at them using the C-Bus diagnostic unity from the Clipsal website. Note, the diagnostic utility is connected to a separate CNI, not the Wiser/Wiser CNI. It won't work if you connect it to the Wiser's CNI because then the Wiser can't access C-Bus. Here's what I see:
    19:24:33 Rx : = Local Network, Source Unit 22, Security, Security: Emulate Keypad : 1
    19:24:33 Rx : = Local Network, Source Unit 22, Security, Security: Emulate Keypad : 2
    19:24:34 Rx : = Local Network, Source Unit 22, Security, Security: Emulate Keypad : 3
    19:24:35 Rx : = Local Network, Source Unit 22, Security, Security: Emulate Keypad : 4
    19:24:38 Rx : = Local Network, Source Unit 22, Security, Security: Emulate Keypad : Enter

When you say it works a couple of times and then stops working, do you mean that when you hit buttons on the Wiser UI, nothing happens on the panel? Do the working messages look different than the failing messages? If you post the devkit log, that might help identify/figure out what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    kjayakumar, Jul 20, 2013
  3. JMT

joshl

the mini interface is the replacement of the homesafe panel. Ness stopped producing the 16zone kit with the c-bus interface. I encountered the same problems when triggering disarm and arming scenes.

I noticed when I updated my toolkit (not sure what version it was) my scenes started triggering all the time. Previously it would work a couple of times and same with you I tried to log. Ness tech support were unsure and said it was working fine and CIS didn't know Ness had produced a two way interface card when I rang :(

joshl, Dec 8, 2013
  4. JMT

LMP

Seeking a solution if available

Hi,
    I am reasonably new to wiser,
    I have a ness d8 security system with an interface card connecting to the cbus network and controlling from my wiser 2 security widget. I am unable to arm or disarm the unit from the widget but I get correct armed or disarmed status on the widget.
    I am also using the armed and disarmed signals to open and close blinds etc. and it is all working fine just the arming and disarming doesn't work via the widget I am using. I have tried both security widgets and both are the same.
    It is the same as stated above it works a couple of times after restarting the security panel but the. Doesn't work after that.
    Does anyone have a solution

Thanks in advance for your help.

LMP, May 8, 2017
Ask a Question