wiser and internet connections merge with out lan wire?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by keshavar, Apr 26, 2013.

1. keshavar

keshavar

Hi
    we are installing wiser home controller in one of the clients home. where we got one problem the LAN wire is not near the automation DB.so the only thing i can do is to give power and cbus connection to the wiser.
    the client is getting a problem in changing the wireless connection every time to access the internet and wiser connections. so is their any solution to merge this two wireless connection as one connection like when the client connects to his router the wiser also must be controlled. This problem is occurs because there is no LAN wire near the cbus DB.
    please help me..

keshavar, Apr 26, 2013
  2. keshavar

Roosta

Pretty simple.. Get a LAN cable over to it or move the wiser to a location where there is both CBUS and LAN connection..

Cheers..

Roosta, Apr 26, 2013
  3. keshavar

bmerrick

Hi Keshavar,

Firstly, I agree wholeheartedly with Roosta in that the best long term solution is to get a LAN cable over to the Wiser, or alternatively a C-Bus HA cable over to near the LAN backbone equipment. Doing this will save you lots of future support calls.

If you don't have the luxury of doing this, or you want an interim, you could consider something like these Ethernet over Power Line boxes from a number of vendors like Netgear, Dlink etc.

Alternatively, set up a bridged or repeated WiFi network with an access point that has fixed Ethernet ports in it (many do). Plug the Wiser into the wired socket on the repeater and set the routing up right and all should be OK, but still not as good as a proper backbone link.

Good Luck,

Brad

bmerrick, May 2, 2013
Ask a Question