Wiser and enable groups

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by muppets, Jul 17, 2012.

1. muppets

muppets

I have a problem with my wiser not loading the current enable group status when it is accessed from my iPhones etc. The groups though enabled on my c-touch will show as not enabled on the iPhone and I have to toggle a few times for it to update to be correct. Is there a bug present here? I use it predominantly with the irrigation enabling/disabling when I can't use rain delay from remote locations, also I have a frost stopping irrigation schedule I enable and disable remotely regularly.

Cheers

muppets, Jul 17, 2012
  2. muppets

Darren Senior Member

The problem is possibly due to the enable group not existing in any output units. The reason that this is relevant is that the MMI mechanism which is used to synchronise the state of group addresses between units will only work for groups in output units. This means that following a power failure or some other disruption, your enable group will not be synchronised between the C-Touch and Wiser using MMIs.

The C-Touch and Wiser should both remember the state of all group addresses if there is a power failure, so it is not obvious why they would get out of sync in the first place. Try power cycling the C-Touch and Wiser independently and check to see if they recover the correct state.

Darren, Jul 18, 2012
  3. muppets

Don

It's a good idea to assign any enable groups to unused logic blocks in output units, just so that on recovery from loss in power, the enable state can be restored as desired. That is, of course if you have spare logic or channel groups left, and the output units have the same application address as the enable groups.

This assignment doesn't affect the output unit in any other way.

Don, Jul 19, 2012
  4. muppets

muppets

Interesting I will give that a go and provide feedback shortly.

Neither of the enable groups encountering the problem are assigned to any output device btw.

Regards

EDIT...

I tried to assign but the enable group is not available for my relay output unit with spare channels. Is there another way to approach this? The two enable applications I want to try and make sync are only referenced in the C-Touch within the schedule and irrigation systems. Pity wiser doesn't support logic or I could get the state periodically with a timer and presumably that would correct the problem. Ugly but I guess I could try a lighting application mimicking the enable group assigned to an output and try and logic code a way around.... I do like to go about things the hard way, always enjoy a challenge :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    muppets, Jul 19, 2012
  5. muppets

Darren Senior Member

Correct. Only one application can be used on a relay unit.

Wiser has always supported logic. That is one of its primary features.

The irrigation controller can be enabled using a lighting group. It defaults to the Enable Application because that is the preferred way of doing it.

Darren, Jul 20, 2012
Ask a Question