WISER and compatible Mobile Phone/OS

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by wanricky, Jun 7, 2010.

1. wanricky

wanricky

Hi, I hope to have a place to let us get an update list on the compatible Mobile Phone/OS for WISER so that we can sell it in a more professional way. So far I only know that S60 3rd Edition and i-phone are ok, while S60 5th Edition is not. It seems I can't get any more infirmation other than that. Maybe there are still little compatible phones or hard to list out all the new phones, it is at least better for us to know which OS or Flash Lite in which the Phone Apps or even the Browser mode can be run in certain Phones.

And here is a couple suggestion for the i-phone/Flash app:

(1) Can't access two or more Wisers (e.g. one at home and one at office) easily. Hope to Single Wiser mode (which is the same as present) or Multiple Wiser Mode, which has a login page with pre-set accounts to choose from.

(2) Some client may want the options not to have the password stored. Same idea as in PC where Clients have a choice for easy operation or better security.

(3) i-phone app seems hang up or operating slowly if we didn't leave the app for some time.

(4) Media control doesn't seems working properly in i-phone app, while there is no problem in broswer. (Same button doesn't respond to two consecutive touches. E.g. Power +power or Vol + and Vol+ doesn't work in second occassion)

(5) The icon for controlling scene is very small and touching any other place other than the icon doesn't work. Hope to have a bigger button in the middle of the bar.

Hope to have small issues work out because Wiser is taking C-Bus ahead of other control system in the domestic market, which is about gimmic, fun and publicity more than every little functions. Ipad sells good because it is an ipad :)

(5)

wanricky, Jun 7, 2010
  2. wanricky

kjayakumar

Thanks for the feedback. Some of the issues you've raised are being actively worked on, specifically, an update of the Clipsal Wiser iPhone app (2nd release) is very close to release. But I don't think support for having multiple Wisers on a single phone has been planned and do-not-save-password-on-iphone is also not planned at the moment. They might be considered for future releases.

kjayakumar, Jun 9, 2010
  3. wanricky

Charlie Crackle

I hope you forgot to add "Ipad" and Iphone :) looking forward to it supporting
    Full IPAD resolution

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jun 9, 2010
  4. wanricky

kjayakumar

Understood. But.. the 2nd release was focussed on the iPhone/iTouch. Native iPad support (ie: full resolution, other features, etc) won't be in that 2nd release as there wasn't enough time to do it. We do hear the demand for iPad support though, loud and clear. :)

kjayakumar, Jun 10, 2010
  5. wanricky

Charlie Crackle

Great glad to hear you are listening.

Charlie Crackle, Jun 10, 2010
  6. wanricky

nickrusanov

getting even more important with iphone 4 coming out =)

nickrusanov, Jun 10, 2010
  7. wanricky

NickD Moderator

Why is that?

NickD, Jun 11, 2010
  8. wanricky

ChrisCIS

I can see the advantages of a multiple login for "Programmers" but not so much for end users as many wont be using multiple wisers, and the idea is to keep the interface as easy and seamless as possible due to the fact it is being used by home owners.

If security is an issue ie password login, i generally have a 4digit pin on my iphone so no one could pick it up and use my wiser, facebook, email and other personal apps i use.

ChrisCIS, Jun 11, 2010
  9. wanricky

NickD Moderator

Actually I got asked for this feature at the pointOne integrators conference in Darwin last year... several of the integrators could see themselves putting a Wiser in both a client's main residence and their holiday home, and therefore saw an immediate need for the ability to select which Wiser to connect to.

It could be as simple as offering a (preconfigured) list of available Wisers when the app starts... hardly a challenging addition to the user interface.

Nick

NickD, Jun 11, 2010
  10. wanricky

ChrisCIS

Yeah good point Nick,

I guess being able to check cameras at your holiday home as well as your normal residence would be good, and im sure we would keep it simple.

ChrisCIS, Jun 11, 2010
  11. wanricky

Nik

Just wondering if there where any plans to have different levels of access on Wiser which can show different locations depending on which access profile is logged in??

IE Office manager logs in and can see and control all locations and functions..

Office workers can log in and only access their work station, or selected functions?

Same could apply in a house.. Mum and dad can access all.. Kids can only access certain things..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Jun 11, 2010
  12. wanricky

Woody

Iphone OS 4 wiser app

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Iphone 3gs did auto upgrade last night to OS. 4 and wiser app has now stopped working.

Trys to connect.

Getting status

then drops back to iphone home page.

I have since uninstalled wiser app and reinstalled, still having the same issue.

Cheers

Woody, Jun 23, 2010
  13. wanricky

kjayakumar

Hi Nik,

Yes, there has been a lot of interest in profile support. It won't be in the next release but it is planned and on the tasklist.

kjayakumar, Jun 23, 2010
  14. wanricky

kjayakumar

That's scary. That's the first I've heard of this. Will raise this urgently with the relevant folks.

kjayakumar, Jun 23, 2010
  15. wanricky

travis1973

Hi,

I confirm that the same has happened to me with my wiser app since I installed OS 4 on my iphone.. ... it goes to start downloading the nodes and drops out of wiser app.

I didnt shut down when it was searching for a connection when I disconnect the wirless connection...

Travis...

travis1973, Jun 23, 2010
  16. wanricky

ariddell

Same here with 2 iPhone 3G handsets upgraded to ios 4, gets to "Getting status 2/2" and then bombs out of the app.

ariddell, Jun 24, 2010
  17. wanricky

kjayakumar

Yup, understood that there's a problem. Our apologies for the issue.

No one anticipated that Apple would break the app with the OS upgrade. Further, like everyone else, the development team only sees iOS4 when it is released, ie: June 21st.

A fix is now being tested. It will come out with the 2nd release of iPhone/iTouch once it passes Apple's approvals process. This is priority #1 for the team.

kjayakumar, Jun 24, 2010
  18. wanricky

travis1973

Hi, Just wondering if you have any idea of a time frame for the new release will be available.

Thanks, Travis..

travis1973, Jun 24, 2010
  19. wanricky

ariddell

That's utter rubbish, developers are given access to the beta versions of the new OS versions well in advance so this kind of testing can be done. You also had access to the production ready GM seed code since the 7th of June, so had plenty of time to do testing to ensure this did not happen.

Why wasn't this tested with the beta and GM seeds of iOS 4 that have been available to registered developers all through the release process since the new OS version was announced?

I appreciate that this is a free app rather than a paid one on which i would expect proper support, but when it is such a visible component to most users cutting corners not bothering to do any testing and then blaming it on Apple really isn't on whn you had full access to prevent it.

ariddell, Jun 25, 2010
  20. wanricky

kjayakumar

It's surprising to see such invective.

Lets be very clear. The Wiser application was released to the App Store (tested and approved by Apple mind you), and then Apple, the largest computer company on the planet auto-upgraded customer devices to an OS that then broke the Wiser application (again, which had been tested and approved by Apple).

We're doing the best to react to a bad situation and get the problem rectified as fast as we can. We appreciate your patience in this situation.

kjayakumar, Jun 25, 2010
Ask a Question