Wiser and Colour C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by rmm1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rmm1

rmm1

If I have some schedules on the Wiser but none on the C-Touch - should the Schedules work from the WISER? I just powered up my C-Touch tyoday and it appears that the schedules are not running.

Am I Better off setting the schedules on the C-TOUCH and just using the Wiser as a lighting controller via my Ipod?

rmm1, Jun 23, 2010
  2. rmm1

Newman

The Schedules will run in the device you program them to run. If your schedules were created within your Wiser PICED project, then they will run in the Wiser. If your schedules were created within your Colour C-Touch PICED project then they will run in the C-Touch.

In the PICED project it is an option to enable/disable the Scheduler. If you open the schedule editor there is a checkbox to enable/disable the scheduler. Make sure it is enabled and re-download your project to the colour C-Touch.

Which device you put your Schedules in is a matter of personal choice. Personally, I prefer to put them in the C-touch since it's less likely to get turned off by someone accidentally turning off a power point, whereas the wiser is more likely to live near readily-accessible computer equipment. The Wiser can also accidentally be turned off by un-plugging the power cord from the back of it. The C-Touch, being physically mounted on a wall, is less likely to have it's power disturbed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    Newman, Jun 23, 2010
  3. rmm1

Darren Senior Member

Actually, this setting is only of relevance while you are editing the Schedules.

Darren, Jun 24, 2010
Ask a Question