Wiser and CMU Conflict

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Roosta, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Roosta

Roosta

Hey Guys,

I am having a small issue on a job where the cmu readouts aren't matching the wiser power display..

Any one have any ideas? I have spent several hours trying all sorts of stuff and am about to concede defeat..

I can see that 3 of the power measurements match, but they are all over the place, and the 4th well i dont know where it has gone..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Mar 28, 2012
  2. Roosta

Newman

The issue is most likely caused by mis-configuration of the Wiser Widget in PICED, where the widget is pointing at the wrong measurement channel.

If the power on channel 4 is not changing much, then it could be a very long time before the CMU broadcasts the power value against that channel. The Wiser widget can only update once it sees a transmission from the CMU. What are your configuration settings on the 'Periodic Broadcast' and 'Broadcast on Change' tabs of the CMU UI?

Newman, Mar 28, 2012
  3. Roosta

Roosta

Hey Newman,

Thanks for reply..

Issue is now resolved.. I fully reset cmu, deleted everything out of piced, and wiser.. Started fresh and it all works sweet..

I think it had something to do with the power meter manager and measurement manager having a conflict.. You will see in the first pic in my above post, that the 'number' of each measurement channel is different to the actual channel being monitored.. ie number 4, Power Ct1 is monitoring channel 1,number 3, Power Ct2 is monitoring channel 2, etc.. Funnily enough the values being displayed matched the number.. Possibly a piced issue.. Hard to describe the issue and symptoms..

Cheers,
    Nik

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    Roosta, Mar 28, 2012
Ask a Question