Wiser 2 Unit Triggering Groups Randomly

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by jason.hill, Nov 2, 2021.

1. jason.hill

jason.hill

I am starting to see some issues with our C-Bus system where lights won't turn on or off when you press the button - the button flashes and then you have to press it once or twice more to get the lights to turn on/off.

I left the application log open in the C-Bus toolkit to try and diagnose the problem and can see lots of messages where the Wiser 2 unit is randomly turning on and off groups. There is nothing in the schedule for these groups and it appears to be pretty random. Last night our bedroom lights turned on in the middle of the night too which was pretty annoying!

I have transferred our project across to the Wiser 2 unit again but that didn't seem to help with the problem. Is it possible that the Wiser 2 unit is faulty? Can you recommend anything to diagnose the problem further before resorting to replacing the unit?

jason.hill, Nov 2, 2021
  2. jason.hill

Wonkey

Disconnect wiser see if the problem still exists.

Wonkey, Nov 2, 2021
  3. jason.hill

jason.hill

I performed a factory reset of the Wiser unit and then transferred the project across again from PICED. I also applied the DST setting because the time was wrong and the Wiser unit was broadcasting the incorrect time updates to the network. So far, this seems to have fixed the problem.

jason.hill, Nov 3, 2021
Ask a Question