Wiser 2 and Ness D8X

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Brad Collinder, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Brad Collinder

Brad Collinder

Hi All
    situation:-
    Domestic house (brand new) C-bus system, only lighting, working perfectly
    Ness D8 Alarm system with navigator touch keypad, system working perfectly.
    Introduced the mini-central C-bus component to allow the alarm system to be controlled via the Wiser 2 app.
    App has been working fine but we have found that the alarm system is arming itself (ever since C-bus was brough into the system). System has all been configured correctly. The alarm log shows that the system is being armed via "shortcut" (I am confident that this is via remote PC / or mobile phone). So when I logged in to turn it off via a PC, the alarm log showed that it was disarmed via user 1.
    This site and this self arming is doing my head in.
    Has anyone come across similar situation, or can anyone suggest anything.
    I've exhausted all my avenues.
    Regards
    Brad:confused:

Brad Collinder, Apr 28, 2017
  2. Brad Collinder

NickD Moderator

If it really is related to the addition of the C-Bus interface, then I would be looking (logging) to see if there is a C-Bus event that corresponds to the arming event.

If so this would be a good starting point for figuring out what's going wrong.

Nick

NickD, May 1, 2017
  3. Brad Collinder

Brad Collinder

So for those that aren't aware, I HAVE FOUND THIS.....
    Definitely confirm that your usb-serial converter cable 100% works.
    Purchasing a new cable allowed me to communicate to the Ness Mini Central.
    Upon opening the software and liaising with Ness, we found that the Mini Central Units left the factory with Group 1 as an arm state already programmed into the unit.
    Hence the exact situation I had on site. Use the software remove Group 1 from the Mini Central.
    Another fix we also did (fairly basic) we left a laptop on site with toolkit up and running, used chrome remote desktop to keep an eye on the C-bus log through out the evening. Glad to say there were no issues.
    Maybe this info should be included in their manual????

Brad Collinder, May 2, 2017
  4. Brad Collinder

NickD Moderator

Thanks for letting us know. I will bring it to the attention of the guys in Tech Support.

Nick

NickD, May 3, 2017
Ask a Question