Wiring up brand new house

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by HURSTVILLE, Sep 2, 2015.

1. HURSTVILLE

HURSTVILLE

Hello all.
    I'm so glad I found this forum.
    So I'm building my new house in Sydney, got some questions.
    I'm pretty new to this so please educate me as much as you can, really appreciate it.
    So I want to wire up the house so I can control things like lighting, power and also have audio throughout the entire house.
    I'm going to need cameras outside and maybe an intercom system to speak to other rooms, all can be controlled via smart phones.

Of course cbus can do this right?

Secondly is my builder have his own electrician to install the basic house wires, what should or what kind of cabling should I run during the initial normal house wiring for cbus? Please if you have a link to diagrams of basic cbus cabling so I can run them myself if the electrician don't do cbus. So it will be cbus ready.

And lastly what and how is dynalite compared to cbus ?

My house have two levels with theatre room games room etc with basement car park.

Any advice is good.

Thanks

HURSTVILLE, Sep 2, 2015
  2. HURSTVILLE

DarylMc

Hi HURSTVILLE
    CBus wiring layout is completely different to conventional wiring layout.
    I can't think of a reasonable case for not installing CBus from the start if you plan to do it later.

For example a conventionally wired home has 240v power to each light switch and CBus uses its own SELV low voltage twisted pair cable to each input unit (switch, sensor, Touchscreen etc).
    You don't even want 240v wiring nearby to CBus cables because they are required to be separated.

Each CBus switched load needs 240v wiring back to the switchboard.
    Maybe even two distribution boards in a largish home.
    The space to install the boards housing the equipment is substantial compared to conventional wiring and best determined at the design stage.

The install needs to be well planned.
    Especially on a two storey home where wiring may not be easily altered.

I strongly suggest you talk to several installers with CBus experience.
    Look at some of their previous work and talk to them about the features you require and possible future additions.

It is possible to not install all the features you can dream of right away but you definitely want to have planned for it.

Time and money spent on planning is a very good investment.
    Quality installation and documentation will be a huge benefit to keeping the system running and maintained.

I'm not familiar with Dynalite but if you have any specific questions about CBus components and capabilities you could ask them here.

This is just my opinion but since you are starting with a new home I would put a great deal of emphasis on making the home easy to use and try to avoid making the home too complicated from the user interface perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    DarylMc, Sep 2, 2015
Ask a Question