Wireless Wiser and C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by muppets, Jan 16, 2012.

1. muppets

muppets

Hi,

I haven't had the need as yet to play wirelessly (much - except a failed attempt using a wireless bridge system) as I only have wired systems. I am interested to learn if the Wiser can interface with the various switches etc. Also is it possible to perform advanced logic scripting etc with the wireless products and program of a pc to set timers etc on the wireless gear?

Cheers.

muppets, Jan 16, 2012
  2. muppets

Newman

As far as C-Bus is concerned, the Wireless network is just like a Wired network that has been connected through a C-Bus bridge. If you know how to pass messages across a regular C-Bus wired bridge then you already know how to send C-Bus messages to the Wireless network. If you can make devices on the far side of a network bridge respond to schedules or timers, then you can make the wireless C-Bus devices do the same.

I have both C-Touch and Wiser controlling devices on a Wireless C-Bus network all the time. It works just fine.

For further help as to the capabilities of the Wireless switches, create yourself a new network in the Toolkit database, add a few wireless units to it and have a play. For the most part, the way you program the wireless devices is just like programming wired C-Bus. There's some extra parameters and they're a bit cleverer in a few respects.

Newman, Jan 16, 2012
Ask a Question