Wireless Units Fail To Scan

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by Graham Lamb, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

:) Hi
    I am having problems programing a 5812D2T1AA plug adaptor s/n.001001011251via wireless bridge using Tool Box V1.1.4 the other units on the network are all OK (2 ch dimmer,Relay plug adappter,wireless bridge) I have attached screen dump of message.
    Can you Help
    Regards
    Graham Lamb :D

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
    Graham Lamb, Jan 10, 2005
  2. Graham Lamb

Duncan

Thanks Graham.. could you tell us what the Firmware Version is? If you scrolll across to the units view on the left it should show there..

Duncan, Jan 10, 2005
  3. Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

The firmware is V1.0
    Regards
    Graham

Graham Lamb, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Graham Lamb

george

Hi Graham,

I saw on the picture you posted that on the "Units on Network" view you have a unit that failed to scan. This could be due to poor comms or faulty unit. Do you see unit scanning OK if you place it closer to the Wireless Gateway?

What I see is wrong with the software is that it shows an incorrect error message. It should rather be saying something like "unit cannot be opened as it failed to scan".

Regards,
    George

george, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

All units within 1 meter of each other

Graham Lamb, Jan 12, 2005
  6. Graham Lamb

Duncan

Try power-cycling the gateway and rescanning about a minute later.. does the unit appear? if not AND its got the same house code then it sounds like there's a problem with the unit.

Determining if units have the same house code is best done by invoking Learn Mode on one unit and observing which other units also follow that Unit into Learn.

Duncan, Jan 12, 2005
  7. Graham Lamb

Duncan

Hi Graham,

Also, you need to make sure you arent running a mix of the Beta Hardware and new Production Hardware..

Duncan, Jan 12, 2005
  8. Graham Lamb

ashleigh Moderator

Its important after starting the gateway so wait for about 30 seconds to a minute, this is so the gateway can build its internal model of the wireless network.

The next thing I'd like you to do if that has no effect is to reset the wireless unit to factory defaults (not the gateway). Do this by:

. going into learn
    . double click a single key -> indicator flashes
    . double click that key again -> all indicators flash
    . press and hold the top two (or only two) keys for about 2 seconds

should see all indicators give a bit of a pause, and then eventually the learn flash sequence will resume. A delay of up to 5 seconds is normal during the erase.

YOU MIGHT also have a mix of beta and production units. We turned encryption on just before everything went to production, and the beta / production units CANNOT be mixed. In a network, everything must be either encrypted or unencrypted, you cannot mix them.

There is no way of telling if its on or not from looking at the unit :mad:

ashleigh, Jan 12, 2005
  9. Graham Lamb

Don

Ashleigh/Duncan

I'm having a similar problem. Gateway is bran' new crispy out of the box (the one I asked for just before Christmas), using V 1.1.3 software (waiting for the broadband connection before I tackle the 23MB download, but that shouldn't be the problem as it works fine for other units). 2 plug adaptors chat to each other and I think I gave them the same house-code as the gateway by the LED flashes adaptor serial numbers ~ 0010 0101 2545 and 0010 0101 2101.
    I've tried over and over with restarting gateway, etc. Pings always say that the three units exist, and always at the same unit addresses (2 and 3), but always says "rescan". Gateway at address 5,. In the units view, the gateway always comes up fine, but as Graham has found, the adaptors can't scan (so no way to vet versions, etc). The adaptors are each within 3 metres of the gateway.

Is this the encryption thing?

Don

Don, Jan 12, 2005
  10. Graham Lamb

Duncan

Hi Don,

When did you get the Plug Adaptors? Are they part of the Trial Production we did or are they brand new units from recent production?

Duncan, Jan 12, 2005
  11. Graham Lamb

2dogs

I too had an identical situation. Turned out that there was a mix of trial, production units and that there was an issue with configuration of the production unit also. The fix was return to ADL.

2dogs, Jan 13, 2005
  12. Graham Lamb

Don

Ashleigh,

Sounds like I had better send them back. These are extra units sent for testing, surplus to requirements or already tested. They are from the third lot sent up (end of November) and were claimed to be production samples. I had hoped that the serials would have told you the story, but I guess old numbers are retained when firmware is updated so you might not be able to tell. Funny that the other units obtained at the same time don't give problems...

Don

Don, Jan 13, 2005
  13. Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

I think that I have a mix of Bete and production (manufacture date 12/08/04) as the Gateway is from trial and we ordered the new units through normal system (manufactured 29/10/04.
    (Can you not tell by serial No)
    Regards
    Graham Lamb
    :)

Graham Lamb, Jan 17, 2005
  14. Graham Lamb

ashleigh Moderator

Trial and final production are built differently, and serialised differently. However, we generally can tell by the serial number, but you did not quote the serial number of the gateway!!

ashleigh, Jan 17, 2005
  15. Graham Lamb

Graham Lamb

Idid originally for the plug dimmer but here they are again
    Plug adaptor 001001011251
    2 Ch dimmer 001000952398
    Gateway 001000953623
    Regards
    Graham :)

Graham Lamb, Jan 17, 2005
  16. Graham Lamb

ashleigh Moderator

All look like proper production serial numbers, so no, no easy way to tell :mad:

ashleigh, Jan 17, 2005
Ask a Question