Wireless Switch Indicators Oddness...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by bassfiend, Sep 26, 2013.

1. bassfiend

bassfiend

Hi Guys,

I've just been reprogramming my lighting here at the flat (using a freshly downloaded install of Toolkit 1.12.7) to include some new DMX fittings and change the way some of the wall switches work and I have a couple of 8 button 1 channel Wireless wall switches (dimmers) that suddenly the Status Indicators no longer seem to work on.

They both have 1.7.0 firmware on them but a couple of 4 button 1 channel dimmers that have 1.4.0 and 1.8.0 firmware on them still have Status Indicators working as they should do.

I've done a "Reset Unit" and then a basic setup on all the switches (as they were extensively using blocks and presets and with indicators running off status groups that weren't being switched) so that they're just doing basic ON/OFF toggles and using the same groups as indicators and still no Status Indicators working on either of the eight buttons but they're working fine still on the four button switches.

The nightlight on all eight switch buttons of both 8 way switches work fine but as soon as I hit any of the switches and turn on any groups then all the switch indicators go out until all the groups are turned off again so the indicators themselves work. Changing the values for "Activity", "Background" or "Nightlight" brightness makes no difference to the LED brightness.

I can't change the "Mode" for the indicators on the "Indicators" tab for the 8 button switches - or at least I can change them to *ANYTHING* other than "Status" in Toolkit but when I "Apply" them to the switch then after the upload they've reverted back to "Status" ...

I've also noticed that I'm getting Key Groups on these 8 button switches seemingly changing from "Multiple" to "Unused" but when I look at the Blocks page for the key in question that has changed they're still set as they were and when I just toggle the checkboxes then the Key Groups changes back to "Multiple".

Anyone got any ideas? I don't... :-(

Phil

bassfiend, Sep 26, 2013
Ask a Question