Wireless Remote Challenge

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by CJL, Feb 11, 2007.

1. CJL

CJL

I have a wired and wireless network (on the bench) which are communicating in every respect - I can trigger scenes residing on a Saturn switch on the wired network from the buttons on a wireless plug adaptor and everything is making the right noises.

My problem is the with the wireless remote (5888TXBA). I can assign buttons on it to the two physical switches on the plug adaptor, but via learn mode only, and it will fire my 'wired' scenes fine even 20 metres away. I have tried manually adding the remote in the remotes tab of the plug adaptor (entering serial number etc.) but I cannot get it to work this way.

A Toolkit (1.6.0) scan sees both the gateway and the plug adaptor but not the remote - I'm not even sure it's supposed to - as I would expect it to see it just like any other device.

Have I missed a step somewhere??

Thanks in advance

Colin

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
    CJL, Feb 11, 2007
  2. CJL

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi CJL, the wireless remote isn't a "scannable" item in Toolkit, it uses other units (in this case the plug adaptor) to convey its messages.

"manually adding the remote in the remotes tab of the plug adaptor" should work - perhaps you can post a screenshot of your programming here or to the help desk.

daniel, Feb 11, 2007
  3. CJL

george

Hi CJL,

As Daniel said, Wireless Remote is not supposed to appear in the list of units upon Network Scan as Wireless Gateway does not communicate with this device. Consider remote control to be a "long stick" you use to press buttons on wireless key units and plug adapters.

You may find this tutorial helpful if you are not yet familiar with wireless C-Bus units (See Remote Controls paragraph in particular) http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2181

Also, can you post here the firmware version of your plug adapter? The reason I ask is we had some problems with the wireless plug adapter GUI for units with firmware 1.4.x. If this is what your firmware version is, you should install the latest Toolkit release 1.6.1.

Regards,
    George

george, Feb 11, 2007
  4. CJL

cramer

cramer, Feb 13, 2007
  5. CJL

CJL

Sorted

Thanks for the responses - with George's guidance I got to the bottom of it. Turns out the firmware of the plug adaptor I was using (only purchased last week) was firmware 1.0.0 The wireless remote won't function with this level of firmware - apparently it needs to be 1.4.0 or higher.

The replacement I received is firmware 1.9.0 and with no change to any programming, the remote worked straightaway. As previously mentioned, everything works fine at the lower firmware level until the remote is introduced, so it's something to be aware of.

Cheers

Colin

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
    CJL, Feb 13, 2007
Ask a Question