Windows Driver lighting event handler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattyh, May 15, 2008.

1. mattyh

mattyh

In the sample Delphi and C++ programs provided with the Windows driver, does the the function cbus_lighting_vf_register_event_handler work? Has anyone had any success with this or is it just me?

I am testing it by manually pressing a channel the dimmer (pro) and am not getting any response in the application.

Cheers,
    Matt

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
    mattyh, May 15, 2008
  2. mattyh

mattyh

Little more fiddling around and I've found can get the _cbus_lighting_vf_register_database_event_handler function to work but still not the non-database function. Hopefully that will do what I'm after.

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, May 15, 2008
  3. mattyh

rhamer

rhamer, May 16, 2008
  4. mattyh

mattyh

Yeah I have tested the example in both Borland Delphi 6 and Borland C++ Builder 6. Neither worked for me...

mattyh, May 16, 2008
  5. mattyh

mattyh

Think I worked out what is going on.

The event handlers are working but only when you send a command by the windows driver. Events aren't fired when use the channel buttons on dimmer. (At least not with the pro dimmers as thats all I've got to test with atm)

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, May 16, 2008
  6. mattyh

Lucky555

The local overide buttons on an output unit (dimmer) only control the local circuitry in the unit. They do not cause any messages to be sent on C-Bus. Once you touch a local overide button the unit is deemed to be in overide mode. Default programming will see a C-Bus command overide a manual state. Holding any button down for 2-3 seconds will cause all channels to drop local overide mode and the unit will revert back to its normal (previous) state.

Sounds like you need a key input unit to test with...;)

Lucky555, May 17, 2008
  7. mattyh

mattyh

Haha yep. Was about to got hunt around the office for one... right after I recover the project I accidentally deleted after a tidy up.

Had crossed my mind that dimmer buttons might not be sending out C-Bus messages. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, May 17, 2008
Ask a Question