Window winder motors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by terann, Feb 9, 2005.

1. terann

terann

Hi New member here

Just a small problem with electric winders. Conel The manual control is by change over contacts to reverse polarity to the motor, whats the best way with cbus

More on this

The votage is 24v and manual control is by 2 pole bell press or 2 pole c/o switch

I have looked at the c/o relay L5504 and this looks like the only way with 2 push buttons as control

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2005
    terann, Feb 9, 2005
  2. terann

ICS-GS

Terann,
    Not exactally sure of that particular type of motor, but you could achieve this by using 2 c-bus relay outputs.

We are assuming you have DC motors (ie not AC)

Relay 1. controls dircetion - ie: 'on' for closed and 'off' for open. the c-bus relay output would enable a conventional (external) relay, using 2 poles to configure change-over set to select polarity, eg: Pole 1. N/closed = negative, N/open = positive and common linked to c-bus relay #2. and reverse the positive and negative for pole 2 to allow for the return current path, however the common of this pole should go to the motor.

Relay 2. possibly timed output (on for say 10 seconds) to enable a curtain 'action' (either open or closed).

I am also not sure of what you referred to as 'manual' controls.

There are a few threads in the forum relating to curtain control. The search tool located in the toolbar at the top of then window will help you track them down...

Hope this helps

Grant

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2005
    ICS-GS, Feb 10, 2005
  3. terann

CTS

:mad: You are NOT allowed to switch a neutral conductor, only in certain circumstances and this isn't one of them. (AS3000) :mad:

Can we have more details on this motor? specifications etc. :)

It sounds like a DC motor (Reversing polarity) to me. If that is the case you do as you please as far as regulations are concerned. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
    CTS, Feb 10, 2005
  4. terann

Michael

Consider using 2 changeover relays.

Assuming DC control......

Just make sure that when you wire it up that both NC contacts are at the same potential.

Example:

Changeover relay CH1 common terminal connected to the "fan up when positive" wire. NC contact connected to negative and NO contact to positive. Program to GA01

Changeover relay CH2 common terminal connected to the "fan down when positive" wire. NC contact connected to negative and NO contact to positive. Program to GA02

On your key unit:

Program key1 to GA01.

Program key2 to GA02.

Both should be set as Bell Press functions.

If both keys are pushed at the same time the motor simply stops... as both control wires would become positive.

You could try working a timer into the equasion...... but i think it will get all to messy!

Cheers,

Michael

Michael, Feb 11, 2005
  5. terann

ICS-GS

Whoops

My mistake. I started writing this with DC principles in mind (due to the polarity thing!) and then after i had written it for some stupid reason I added the AC (active and neutral) equivalents to my relay suggestion.

More information on the equipment & its specs is definately needed.

I will edit my post so that that info disappears into the black hole>>>

Grant

ICS-GS, Feb 11, 2005
  6. terann

geeland

window winders

you use two channels of a change over relay and connect your load to the common terminals and +ve and -ve to the NO and NC terminals of each channel respectively. thus in the off state you have -ve/-ve on your load. in the case of both channels being active at the same time you have +ve/+ve on your load, which is not a problem and you can reverse polarity with ease.
    regards
    grant

geeland, Feb 15, 2005
Ask a Question