Widget Manager in PICED

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Roti, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Roti

Roti

Sorry if I'm being a bit blind or thick here. I'm modyfying a Wiser project using the Widget Manager and need to simplt add a new Location. The Documentation says simply click the "add" button and enter the name. I can only see one "add" button - the add Widget button. How do you add/delete locations and groups ?

Roti, Jul 25, 2009
  2. Roti

Conformist

At the bottom of the screen is a 'back' button. This will take you back through the pages for setting up locations and services (where you would have begun your project). It didn't seem right to make you go through these pages in a wizard after you've created a project given it will be seldom that you will change/add/delete locations and services.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    Conformist, Jul 25, 2009
  3. Roti

Darren Senior Member

I have just added a note to the help file about this. A few people have been confused by this.

Darren, Jul 27, 2009
  4. Roti

Roti

Aha. Thanks.

Roti, Jul 27, 2009
  5. Roti

Arty

It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out as well.

Might I suggest that instead of simply putting it in the help menu, you might locate an icon button in plain view and/or a menu item, as would be anticipated by most windows users. Thanks

Arty, Jul 29, 2009
  6. Roti

Darren Senior Member

Um, there is a button in plain view with "Back" written on it.

Maybe it would be less confusing to use a tabbed form. This is now in our system as #17448

Darren, Jul 30, 2009
  7. Roti

Arty

Um? Your mockery is so subtle.

Not sure how "back" intrinsically means "add locations?, must be an engineer thing.

I might also add that it seems quite contradictory to justify the current implementation and yet indicate a possible change to it.

Arty, Jul 30, 2009
  8. Roti

ashleigh Moderator

Um. When you have a wizard you have back buttons to step you back through previous pages of the wizard.

I hate wizards.

Because Back means back, not take me to where I want to go RIGHT NOW.

Thats why I hate wizards. They force you to have a mental picture in your head of all the places you have been before to get to where you are now so you know that you need to go back.

Nevertheless.... you have the solution, an improvement for the future is being contemplated. Why do you snipe at that? He's trying to be helpful and you bite him.

ashleigh, Jul 30, 2009
  9. Roti

wilddog

i don't like wizards because of their pointy hats. and they can give you warts

wilddog, Aug 5, 2009
Ask a Question