Why C-Bus?????

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by cybecom, Oct 30, 2005.

1. cybecom

cybecom

To be or not to be...

dbuckley

Ahhh - I didn't mind giving a bit of my background as I figured it helps set the scene in terms of where I fit. Hopefully this thread may help others in the same predicament as me.

I shall certainly duck off to those links you gave. I'm still awaiting a couple of c-bus quotes to get a feel for the cost. I have a Dynalite one just for the lighting - not cheap when one considers one still has to do alarm, a/v, and the audio. Am awaiting the audio side of Dynalite but know roughly what that will be.

With the responses so far, I am certainly starting to see what sort of wiring will be required. I too know that it will be hard as heck to run wiring at least to the ground level down the track.

In terms of the wiring... and this is probably answered somewhere else on this forum but is pertinent to the running discussion... will normal cat5e (which is unshielded twisted pair??? or do I have that wrong) do or does it require Clipsal's specific cat 5 wiring. (I am wondering if this is why you distinguish between cbus wiring and flood wiring for cat 5.) And this leads to another question which I haven't yet researched to any extent. There are various entities out there working towards getting a/v to work over cat 5 UTP as opposed to coaxial cabling. Although a/v cable runs may be different from the c-bus ones are the two likely to be compatible?

Regards

Michelle

cybecom, Nov 11, 2005
  2. cybecom

Ross

Ross, Nov 11, 2005
  3. cybecom

cybecom

Cabling compatibilities, etc.

Ross

That link thread answers my various cabling questions beautifully thanks.

Yes - I understand that some of the questions may be answered elsewhere but wearing my IT hat- I also know that online forum threads can lose their flow if one does not repeat just the pertinent information. I could have searched and found several separate threads of interest but I think you've nailed it with just the one above.

Thanks!

MJ

cybecom, Nov 11, 2005
Ask a Question