Why add Clipsal touchcreens to Wiser module ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by CABrouwes, Feb 28, 2010.

1. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

I am planning a system that would include the wiser module and I am wondering if there is a good reason to also use Clipsal touchscreens. These Clipsal touch screens are very expensive compared to similar products or even to full blown PC touch panels. What do I loose if I install any other touch panel containing an HTML browser and connected to the wiser through the Ethernet network ?

CAB

CABrouwes, Feb 28, 2010
  2. CABrouwes

kjayakumar

If you have a Clipsal Colour Touchscreen (CTC), it is capable of running the full CTC application which is more powerful than Wiser. The Logic capabilities, scheduling, network modeling, power history, email support and other features of the CTC are significantly superior to that of Wiser.

If you use a generic touchpanel, please note, it is not sufficient to just have an HTML browser. The canonical Wiser UI requires Adobe Flash 9 support.

There are other UIs such as Media Center, iPhone/iTouch and Symbian FlashLite 3.0 but those are probably not relevant to your goals.

kjayakumar, Mar 1, 2010
Ask a Question