Where to sell C-Bus Switches

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by aussiemike, Mar 4, 2008.

1. aussiemike

aussiemike

Hello All

Was wondering if anyone knows the best place to advertise C-Bus single way and 4 way NEON wall switches. I recently purchased these for an installation in a new house only to find (house built while away) that the electrician hasn't used conduits in walls meaning I can no longer re-run the switches with Cat5!

I've considered E-Bay but Im not sure if it is the right place as there are none advertised on there.

Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
    aussiemike, Mar 4, 2008
  2. aussiemike

froop

Cbus equipment does appear on ebay fairly often, and usually fetches reasonable prices. I had an email watch list when I was looking for a PAC and I was getting alerts every second day or so for everything from switches to relays and dimmers.

froop, Mar 4, 2008
  3. aussiemike

Darpa

I agree with Froop,

I'm a frequent user of eBay, and very often notice C-Bus items coming up for sale, and if they are "Buy-It-Now", they usually sell pretty quickly, usually within a day or two, and if they are an auction, they usually fetch fairly decent prices, so if you're comfortable selling on eBay, then I'd say go for it.

On the other hand... Why can you not run the pink Cat5 through the walls now? even without conduit, anyone with reasonable "cable jerking" skills should be able to replace the standard mains cabling without too much fuss. Even in 2-story dwellings, there are always ways and means of pulling cabling through, even if it is a seriously annoying, pain-in-the-rectum, time-consuming b&tch of a job.

You sure you dont want to consider going ahead with your wired C-Bus install?

Even if your answer is no, have you considered using wireless input units instead?

Hope this gives you some ideas :)

Darpa

Darpa, Mar 4, 2008
  4. aussiemike

ICS-GS

Hey Darpa,

When did you get a job in CIS sales???:p

But anyway he's right... and also don't forget the 'proper' c-bus cables outer sheath is rated at (or slightly above) 240VAC.

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Mar 5, 2008
  5. aussiemike

Darpa

I didn't Grant, I doubt they would let me join the company considering how often I recommend non-CIS products :p

Darpa, Mar 5, 2008
  6. aussiemike

ashleigh Moderator

Actually the "proper" cbus cable outer sheath is rated at over 3500 V, which is required for segregation when running in the same compartment with mains (line).

Standard cat 5 cable has an outer sheath typically rated to about 1000 V, and is not appropriate for running the cbus cable in the same region as mains (line).

ashleigh, Mar 5, 2008
Ask a Question