Where did the C-bus light go ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by industeq, Oct 27, 2009.

1. industeq

industeq

OK it was late and the sun was going down and I had 3 Saturn switches to wire.
    Went downstairs to program in the toolkit but could not connect to the network :confused:
    Plugged in the C-Bus network analyzer and nothing along with no lights on any of the output modules & keypads.
    I figured I wired wrong and sure enough I crossed the blue with the blue white wire together with a bootlace and the orange, orange white was wrong also on one switch :mad:
    Once wired correct all was fine and the C-Bus back to normal.

Question is having multiple power supplies on a few of the output modules do they all go into a crowbar / short circuit protection mode?
    I had the problem fixed in minutes but what happened if left in a short condition for hours or overnight?
    Would 1 or multiple modules having the power supply go bad?

Alan @ Industeq, Inc.

industeq, Oct 27, 2009
  2. industeq

Newman

All the power supplies have in-built protection for short circuits. You can leave the bus shorted out permanently and everything will be fine.

The units also have reverse polarity protection, so you can leave them plugged in backwards forever and they'll be just fine too.

All part of making the system as electrician-friendly as possible. :)

Newman, Oct 27, 2009
Ask a Question