What's Missing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conformist, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Conformist

Bance

Saturn switches

Thanks Newman,

Do you know if they're available for UK style switches?

Bance, Mar 31, 2010
  2. Conformist

Newman

Not that I know of. It's probably worth asking the question of your local sales rep.

Newman, Apr 1, 2010
  3. Conformist

2SC

wishing thing is free so I would like:
    1. a user interface like wiser has for setting up touch screens (at least the basics)
    2. it would be nice to be possible to download wiser programming in touch screens so the end user will not have to learn 2 different layouts for controlling his property.

2SC, Apr 5, 2010
  4. Conformist

brodsky

What are the chances of getting "irrigation manager" on the MK2 touch screen with logic?
    If not, why not?:confused:

Thanks,
    Brodsky

brodsky, Apr 12, 2010
  5. Conformist

Mark

Irrigation on CTouch#2 Family

Hi,

Irrigation on the C-Touch#2 family is entirely possible, but it's a big messy lump of code to be written & tested.

The chances of seeing it soon are not my call, but given the number of feature requests we have logged, it will come down to a question of priorities.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 12, 2010
  6. Conformist

7iron

Irrigation on Wiser ??

While we're at it Irrigation on the wiser !!

Not sure what the intended product positioning is between Wiser and C-Touch but I went from a 50 Group C-Bus installation with just keypads and added Wiser.

The Wiser is good because its a holiday house and I wanted remote access to the house. I can't see me adding a C-Touch.

So Irrigation on Wiser would be great and better than my current schedules in the Wiser

7iron, Apr 13, 2010
  7. Conformist

Woody

Temp Sensing CBUS Coupler

My wish is for a Coupler style device, that I could connect to temp sensing probes. eg. one coupler with 4 temp sensor input terminals.

I could connect two that say measure air temp & two that measure water temp.

Keep up the good work

Shane

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    Woody, Jul 2, 2010
  8. Conformist

Ashley W

Ashley W, Jul 3, 2010
  9. Conformist

2SC

Communication interface for C-Bus to any air conditioned split unit

I really really need a communication interface for C-Bus to any air conditioned split unit.

We have heard several times that AC units IR codes are complex and difficult to control with the present IR emitters.

Being a KNX partner also, I understand that C-Bus is a far more powerful and smartly simple system. I can't accept that a product like this http://www.zennio.com/en/irsc is not possible for Clipsal.

It works with every kind of AC unit, from a simple split unit to a VRV unit.

2SC, Sep 9, 2010
  10. Conformist

Conformist

That's not what the specs say... (read below). Most manufacturs is not the same as every unit from every manufacturer.

A/C control is very hard to do. Chances are, when you learn codes for a unit, you more often than not, learn the current time and date too. When you 'spit-out' the learned code, you change the time and date of the unit to the time the function was learned. It's also very hard to learn individual codes.

Attached Files:

• ac.JPG
      ac.JPG
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    Conformist, Sep 9, 2010
  11. Conformist

2SC

Dear Conformist,
    I really don't want to argue with you, however please check their CORRESPONDENCE TABLE

It covers a very large range of the units installed in Europe at least. Since this product costs 150 euros it is not suitable for use in every unknown Chinese split unit. I think this is acceptable for the majority of system integrators or end users.

2SC, Sep 9, 2010
  12. Conformist

Conformist

Hey 2SC

I sure was not intending to argue with you. If that is how my post came across, please accept my apology :)

When I saw you post, I was kind of hoping these guys had a huge library plus an ability to learn code strings and break them into parts. That would be really cool

Without a doubt, IR control of air-cond systems is one of the most challenging
    aspects of control from systems. Maybe one day, manufacturers will have a common interface mechanism (TCP/IP?) to make this interesting

Conformist, Sep 9, 2010
  13. Conformist

bmerrick

On What's Missing

Back on the original subject if it is still the relevant place to post.

You are probably already working on this but having C-Bus wireless dimmers with UDs in them to suit mixed light fitting type sites.

Thanks,

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 22, 2011
  14. Conformist

MHeaton

Can you enhance the new thermostats so that the User Control flag is switchable via a control group - would love to activate/deactivate them all remotely....?

MHeaton, Aug 31, 2011
  15. Conformist

samluo

standby power

I would like to give suggestion to clipsal,using bistable relay.
    In our design of DALI products, we use bistable relay to replace common relay,although it is several times expensive than common relay, but it do not need to consume any power continuely, only when turn on and off it will consume power less than in one second.
    I ve designed a DALI audio dimmer for a Canadian company , we use a bistable relay to turn off power of amp when off so standby power can keep in 0.2watt.

samluo, Sep 6, 2011
  16. Conformist

samluo

In this case you can use DALI driver or DMX driver, or 0-10V LED driver, any LED lamps with different voltage and current ,and any brands can easy to be controled.

samluo, Sep 6, 2011
  17. Conformist

Newman

Nearly all Clipsal products already use bistable relays.

Newman, Sep 6, 2011
  18. Conformist

samluo

wireless

I think that is not difficult to develop a software for andriod or ios mobile system with bluetooth or WIFI communication.

samluo, Sep 8, 2011
  19. Conformist

UK Household Automation

The suggestion which relates to our most recent installs was put forward early on in this thread by 5coobyd00

We were asked to achieve toggling dimmable scenes on DLTs which were NOT mutually exclusive, and which were each available at more than one DLT.

I started out operating lights for gigs and find it puzzling that at least some of the on-the-fly 'blendability' isn't generally seen in systems like C-bus. I know that much of what follows CAN be achieved with C-bus but I often feel that we could achieve the results required with much less head scratching if we installed a lighting console from a show. I know it's probably a case of 'the grass is greener on the other side' but I'm sure there is a something worth investigating here.

A lighting rig would be capable of achieving at least the following...

All channels (groups) can flash, toggle, dim, fade.
    All Scenes can flash, toggle, dim, fade.
    Scenes include channels.
    Scenes can include other scenes
    . (We called this an 'Environment')
    Scenes can 'Chase'.
    Scenes and chases and are addable/blendable (you can 'lay' or blend one scene or chase on top of another).
    Environments can include Channels, scenes & chases
    Environments can chase.
    Environments are addable/blendable with each other, with scenes, chases, and individual channels.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    UK Household Automation, Sep 29, 2011
  20. Conformist

Woody

Just thought I would crank up this thread again before we say goodbye to 2012.

Has any progress been made on a Bridge between two cbus networks linked via ethernet.

Merry Christmas & a safe new year! :)

Great to see alot of the ideas at the start of this thread now in production.

Keep up the good work

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Woody, Dec 14, 2012
Ask a Question