What's Missing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conformist, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Conformist

Mick01

Thanks Nick,

i doing my wiring at the moment and this is one of the features that I will be installing in my house. I have read that people are installing the amplifiers in the roof space, is there any negatives apart from access in doing it this way?

Mick01, Feb 2, 2010
  2. Conformist

Conformist

Hi Mick

Thanks for the post. I would be careful if your roofspace gets extremely hot. The amps are designed to operate up to 70 degrees C so they should be ok in most environments. The other consideration is how much volume you want to push out of the new amps. I've been testing one for about 3 months and have been driving a pair of Krix Aquatix for the last month or so. I've never had the volume over 70% and I have listened quite comfortably some distance away.... my amp has not cut out (there is protection for over temperature) Your speakers will also make a difference!

There is also a mounting bracket for in-ceiling mounting of the amp.

As Nick has highlighted, everyone working on this project is putting in so much effort to get the product out on time. We are looking very good at meeting expectation.

Just a footnote.... If I was selling and installing C-Bus (and I did it for a long time), I would always look to get a zone of audio in for say a patio area with an iPod plate. You can install the new amp without a Matrix Switcher and control it (volume etc) from C-Bus... Always good to get that little bit extra on a sale!

Hope to have the new installation manuals online soon too.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Conformist, Feb 2, 2010
  3. Conformist

NickD Moderator

I've got a couple of the 25W amps and one of the new 10W ones installed in my roofspace, and they haven't missed a beat either. I don't drive them hard, but IMHO in a domestic install with reasonable speakers, there's no need to.

I have 2 zones running the Krix Holographix (these are fantastic) and another running the Hemispherix... and for normal day to day listening I'd rarely set them over 40%.

BTW.. I've had a (new) C-Bus temperature sensor in my roofspace for a couple of years now, and the hottest I've seen it get was a bit under 61C.

Nick

NickD, Feb 2, 2010
  4. Conformist

Mick01

Thanks for the replies ,I have a very large roof space so I will take a punt and install them there. I will also look at having a temp sensor in the roof space.Good tip.

Mick

Mick01, Feb 3, 2010
  5. Conformist

razor77

whats missing - an external temperature sensor

I have a requirement for a small external pump with float switches, I plan to power from a 2a relay and use logic for times of day power will be supplied to the unit. Additionally I would like to apply logic so it only operates when the temperature is above freezing.

I am not aware of an external CBUS temperature sensor.

For those interested:- the pump is within a 1000L underground tank which overflows to a soakaway. The pump takes water to an 17000L victorian storage tank at a higher level. The tank will be used for garden and water storage through summer months. Furthermore during winter months where much rain and or snow is forecast, the 17,000L tank will be drained so water can be stored during a deluage and released slowly to the soak away.

razor77, Feb 5, 2010
  6. Conformist

Godwin Mathew

Hello

Additional features or modules from Cbus is a good idea..

1) Lets say wireless Touch Screen..Here in Kuwait we have competitors who have Wireless Touch Screen for home automation,

2) Multi-Sensor which have the capabilities of detecting motion, light level sensor , heat detection, gas detection and smoke detecting all in one,

3) 2A dimmer having 8 Channels,

4) Dimmers that supports both trailing edge and leading edge loads together,

5) All Key inputs should have the capability to support IR,

6) Cbus Intercom, cameras that can b integrated with touch screen,

7) Bigger touch Screen,i say that have 14inch or 17inch display screen,

8) DMX controllers,

9) Energy Meters,

Hoping to see more new products from C-Bus.

Eng.Godwin Mathew
    Gulf Systems
    Kuwait.
    mob: 00965 97243155
    email: [email protected]

Godwin Mathew, Feb 22, 2010
  7. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks for the feedback... should see some new products before the end of march :)

Conformist, Feb 22, 2010
  8. Conformist

KevinH

Is there any ETA on the battery powered wireless wall switches yet? Getting very desparate for these...

K

KevinH, Feb 22, 2010
  9. Conformist

nickrusanov

+1

nickrusanov, Feb 25, 2010
  10. Conformist

Damaxx

Not wanting to wish my life away but god I cannot wait to send the end of march.....

Damaxx, Mar 5, 2010
  11. Conformist

kjayakumar

Would a Wiser with an iPhone/iTouch (which is a wireless touchscreen after all) be considered a satisfactory solution for above?

kjayakumar, Mar 6, 2010
  12. Conformist

Godwin Mathew

Iphone using wiser software

yeah now we are trying to do that..:) before wiser application software for iphone came out,we done using a third party software from itouch company for lighting control that takes the cni address and we done programmes on ipod and iphone..now wiser introduced software..so it seems better....

Godwin Mathew, Mar 6, 2010
  13. Conformist

steve22537

A C-Bus intercom, door station that looks like a DLT, audio interfaces to existing telephone system, RFID for security system, telephone keypad and RFID could unlock door, video could be a inbuilt IP camera, I'd even be happy if video wasn't incorporated (a bit of a Frankenstein a bit like the Wiser):eek:

Imagine someones at the front door, they press the door bell, I'm out hte back, my iphone rings, my vistors image appears on the screen, I talk with them, it's my inlaws, what do I do, press the door unlock and let them in. I know its not original, but would be usefull.

Steve

steve22537, Mar 6, 2010
  14. Conformist

kjayakumar

Sounds reasonable. The question for Clipsal would be how big is the market for that and would it justify the engineering costs and risks. Some issues that I can think of that need clarification. I think using the C-Bus (the actual bus) for transferring audio would not be feasible, it would have to be something like ethernet or WiFi.

kjayakumar, Mar 7, 2010
  15. Conformist

P2T

Glad I am not the only one 'not-so-patiently' waiting for these new products :)

P2T, Mar 12, 2010
  16. Conformist

Damaxx

Let them in?????? I would hit the panic button, watch the shutters cover the windows, have all the lights switch off and play a .wav file of Mr Burns off the Simpson saying "Release the Hounds!" Over every speaker I own at full volume. True it would not get rid of them but would be good for a laugh.

Damaxx, Mar 16, 2010
  17. Conformist

7iron

GSM I/O Unit

A device that could transmit SMS messages as a result of an a relay input or c-bus group status

and can also receive SMS messages to carry out functions including switching a relay or setting a group
    Currently I have a need to

- send a SMS to a device and if my hot water heater is below temp (I have a relay output to tell me this) then to turn on my hot water heater

To do this I'm going to use a gsm-auto http://www.gsm-auto.com which has relay outputs and a C-bus Bus Coupler 5104BCL

Plan is

- relay from hot water heater into the C-bus Bus Coupler 5104BCL

- relay from GSM auto into C-bus Bus Coupler 5104BCL

And logic that says if both inputs are on then turn on the hot water

Generally GSM control seems to popular

Also this this is a nice device

http://www.jablotron.com/en/Catalog/home+automation/gsm+communicators/gd04+david+gsm+communicator/

7iron, Mar 18, 2010
  18. Conformist

Damaxx

Custom Saturn Buttons

A simple one. With the Saturn custom button labels, how about adding things like bass, treble, next souce, etc for the multiroom audio.

Damaxx, Mar 18, 2010
  19. Conformist

Bance

Saturn switches

Would it be possible for the plastic spacers on saturn switches to be colour matched? EG. white glass fascia/ white spacer!

Bance, Mar 31, 2010
  20. Conformist

Newman

I assume you're talking about the black plastic gridplate (body) of the Saturn unit? You can buy a coloured frame that you slip onto a Saturn key input unit to change it's colour. They are available in White, Black, Cream, Mid Brown, Soft Grey and Desert Sand.
    http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalO...ode=group&first=30&skip=45&code=70001&level=4

Newman, Mar 31, 2010
Ask a Question